KES Result on Thursday 11th or Friday12th?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Shnshn

Re: KES Result on Thursday 11th or Friday12th?

Post by Shnshn »

Quasimodo - thank you, i think its hard to break it to him because i know he really wanted this school, makes us feel sort of inadequate for not being able to afford it.
I think i might show him your post as that is how i want him to think, might just go and send some treats in to his school for him and his class so he can feel proud.
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

Thanks for that guys. It is a good problem.

Shnshn. You should be happy that you son got the offer as there were over 650 children taking the test. It's a great achievement.
The World is a Drama Staged in a Dream
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Shnshn wrote:SSingh77 - congrats and well done to your DS

Not good news for us im afraid. We didnt get the AP we were after but they did say he could have a full fee place which we just cannot afford.
DS will be so gutted!
Now the wait continues to 1st March.
Shnshn wrote:SSingh77 - congrats and well done to your DS
SSINGH77 wrote:Thanks for that guys. It is a good problem.

Shnshn. You should be happy that you son got the offer as there were over 650 children taking the test. It's a great achievement.

DH did the school run, was feeling under the weather so only just woke up!
So needed this lie in.....
No post here yet.
However i see the forum, has been busy!

Well done Mr Singh and Master Singh for the scholarship. If you have managed an AP also and have no/minimal fees then its a no brainer. I would choose KES, however if there are still substantial fees to pay then all the grammars are excellent schools so either way you are in a fortunate position. Well done.

Shnshn - Well done to your DS for the offer of a place.
The AP interviews are misleading and not achieving one when that makes the difference between attending / not attending is disheartening.
You have done exceptionally well and you should be so proud of your DS who will do great whenever he goes.

My DS1 said 812 took the exam so being offered a place is a great achievement.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Shsnshn

First to reiterate it is a great achievement that you got offered a place, even if full fees.

I am not sure I know how we would have dealt with the issue, although we have no letter from KEHS delivered by the post person.

Our daughter said if she was good enough to get a place she would do odd jobs to help towards the fees, but we told her not to worry about that. We had not really discussed money or anything around her, but it is interesting that they pick up on the slightest overheard comment.

I have no solutions to the AP / Fees issue, but hope DS enjoys a bit of well earned pampering and the self satisfaction that they are as good as and better than the next guy!

Best wishes

PP
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Shnshn wrote:Quasimodo - thank you, i think its hard to break it to him because i know he really wanted this school, makes us feel sort of inadequate for not being able to afford it.
I think i might show him your post as that is how i want him to think, might just go and send some treats in to his school for him and his class so he can feel proud.
You should be proud of him.

Your son is capable of getting excellent GCSEs and A levels and then going on to a really good university whichever grammar schools he attends.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Casey0507

Post by Casey0507 »

Shnshn wrote:Quasimodo - thank you, i think its hard to break it to him because i know he really wanted this school, makes us feel sort of inadequate for not being able to afford it.
This is a great idea!!!
SSINGH77

Post by SSINGH77 »

Well done Mr Singh and Master Singh for the scholarship. If you have managed an AP also and have no/minimal fees then its a no brainer. I would choose KES, however if there are still substantial fees to pay then all the grammars are excellent schools so either way you are in a fortunate position.

Thanks BlueJay

I didn't take my son to this open evening because I was scared of the fees as we would not be able to afford them.
It is going to take some convincing as we think his friends and him have done enough for QM.
I will take him to KES on the 23rd and see if it sways him.
The World is a Drama Staged in a Dream
meldan103

Post by meldan103 »

Congratulations to all the boys who have achieved scholarship, ap and full fee places. It's an excellent achievement which they and all supportive parents should be proud of. Their journeys begin again in September and I wish them all the success.
mamfa

Post by mamfa »

Bad news here too :(

We only applied for an AP, but I wish I had said both now as at least that would be a softener when telling him.

DS will be fine, he did well enough in the 11+ that he should get either BV or KEA, and in many ways I am happy he will be closer to home. I just don't want to tell him he's been rejected. Soppy mother syndrome...
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Good News here, DS has been offered an AP, still substantial fees to pay so we will see what 1st March brings.
So proud of him.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now