2014 scores - moderators

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MSD

Re: 2014 scores - moderators

Post by MSD »

Thanks PP! I am wondering if they have gone down further since Um reported them. We know from unconfirmed reports that CHB went down to 235. I would have expected KEFW to have gone down further as well. Does anyone know the current cut-off for those schools?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Anyhow, not sure why it has not been done
Petipois, we are all volunteers, all leading busy, real lives.

I am currently spending my half term marking, assessing and planning interventions for year 5 and 6 children, who are struggling with the mere basics of the curriculum.

Other mods are GPs, fitting in modding through their hectic daytime (and nightime) jobs. We are all trying to cope with our families, jobs and life. Many of us have elderly parents who depend on us.

The information is out there...cut and paste is your friend.

I very, very, rarely step off my comfortable modding fence, but that comment warrants it.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

I had a conversation with the Admissions lady from CAmp Hill girls last month as she confirmed 225, so I think they are accurate.

Yoyo - you had a back week?? The comment does not at all warrant it. I spent some time this week half a mile under ground, keeping half term kiddies happy too! Also had a very difficult day yesterday with DD's friends whose mom we gave a good send off. Definitely not needing grief.

If you want me to collate it all and update it I can happily do that and send it you via PM, so you can update the sticky, or temporarily unlock the sticky and I'll do the update and then you can approve re-lock....come back Sally Anne.

There is a documentary on BBc4 re Daft punk, I am enjoying it with a glass of tawny port. Chillin.
Real lives come hugely into perspective when you have had a week like I have had!!!!
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

You've probably come across this before, but thought it worth adding just in case: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 9.xls.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Petitpois wrote:
um wrote:CUT OFF SCORES 2015
- but these scores were confirmed by parents:
Cut Off / Pupil Premium
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School 215 N/A
Handsworth Grammar School 203 (Included)
King Edward VI Aston School 218 207
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys 236 219
King Edward VI Five Ways School 226 206
King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls 225 210
King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls 216 209
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls 212 N/A
The way the table initially appeared made it look unfair to Handsworth Boys as I understand they already take 20% of boys on PP as they don't have a seperate mark for PP children. I understand from Bishop Vesey's schools website they will be having a certain number of PP children (32) for entry from September 2017 only leaving SCGSG.If the PP marks are put alongside it gives a more accurate and balanced picture.

'CUT OFF' SCORES
Please see below the scores of the last child to be offered a place for entry in 2015 as at 1st March 2015:(from the website of the consortium Grammars)

Boys: 2015 (Pupil Premium)
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School 219 (N/A)
Handsworth Grammar School 207
(As the school already admits about
20% of children who qualify for Pupil Premium,
this is not a priority within their admissions criteria)
King Edward VI Aston School 224 207

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys 243 219

Girls and Boys:

King Edward VI Five Ways School 232 206

Girls:

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls 231 210
King Edward VI Five Ways School 232 206
King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls 219 209
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls 215 (N/A)
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Petitpois you asked why it had not been done.

I pointed out that the mods are unpaid volunteers.

No, I have not had a back, or even a bad week. I have, however, been very busy as have all the other mods. Your comment came across as being demanding.

If you have the time to collate it, we are more than happy to update the sticky.

Sally Anne has also been extremely busy.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Stroller wrote:You've probably come across this before, but thought it worth adding just in case: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 9.xls.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Stroller yep i stuck it in a pivot table to see if i could get beneath the data. Useful, but no huge insights
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Petitpois wrote:I had a conversation with the Admissions lady from CAmp Hill girls last month as she confirmed 225, so I think they are accurate.

Yoyo - you had a back week?? The comment does not at all warrant it. I spent some time this week half a mile under ground, keeping half term kiddies happy too! Also had a very difficult day yesterday with DD's friends whose mom we gave a good send off. Definitely not needing grief.

If you want me to collate it all and update it I can happily do that and send it you via PM, so you can update the sticky, or temporarily unlock the sticky and I'll do the update and then you can approve re-lock....come back Sally Anne.

There is a documentary on BBc4 re Daft punk, I am enjoying it with a glass of tawny port. Chillin.
Real lives come hugely into perspective when you have had a week like I have had!!!!
Funny you should mention daft punk PP- I we only just listening to 'Daft Punk Is Playing at My House' by one of my favourite 'bands' of the last 10 years- LCD Soundsystem. Check em out- unfortunately they're unlikely to turn up on The X Factor anytime soon.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

yoyo123 wrote: Your comment came across as being demanding.
If you have the time to collate it, we are more than happy to update the sticky.
It was neither intended as demanding or judgemental, but ultimately I am not the arbiter of that, it is always the receiver that receives and the sender that sends. So I can only take on board the response and see if I can do something different the next time.

I am happy to stick the numbers together and help update, the sticky.

Bob there was a great kraftwerk one on too, fundamental if you grew up in the 80's
KenR

Post by KenR »

We made the decision not to update the original pass marks sticky with the 2014 results due to changes in the methodology by the consortium and also the fact that the follow-on Q&A would need to be totally rewritten to avoid confusion which is not a trivial task. If we included the the 2014 results we really wouldn't be comparing apples with apples due to the 20% PP and the changes to PAN etc.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now