DS just attempted a mock exam from a CGP Practice Paper, which resulted in a lot of tears.
Any help/advice/suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Keep going Imranb - you have learned a very very valuable lesson early about the KE exam.
1) In terms of tears, reassure your DS in the best way you know how and praise her for trying.
2) Rome was not built in a day. Agree the goal and work towards it. Don't be afraid to do the same exam again under slightly less demanding time conditions. If you have ever had to do psychometric testing as an adult for a job, then you will you will know how that feels, if done without practice.
3) One of the reasons I could have done significantly better (although we still got 360, and 223), was my failure to understand the speed factor properly, when the answer was staring me in the face. These books like CGP and Bond, do mimic the KE test very very well, but you don't have to be able to to do 25 questions in 6 minutes (12s a question or so), from day one.
4) Regroup and focus on the speed element as part of the overall exam techniques and training, that you need to build between now and July. Remember burn out, but your aiming to peak around mid to late August. So when you do exams, follow the rules, but start by adding 2 mins to each section. As she gets more confident, reduce to 1 min extra. Keep a record of progress, so she can see she is getting better and better, faster and faster
5) Set some interim major milestones and then do a "worked hard" treat for all the hard work, e.g. pizza or whatever floats her boat.
Above all, emphasise that its about working hard and there is no pass or fail as far as you concerned, only giving it your best shot. This needed constant reinforcement for my DD1's campaign, which is just about coming to its Zenith.