Tutoring second time round

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
thirdtimemum

Tutoring second time round

Post by thirdtimemum »

My dd is in yr 4 so thinking of doing the whole process for the second time. Ds has got into bv but I'm not happy to use the same tutor for her as it was a large group. I've provisionally booked a one to one on recommendation. However I've just been looking at a mock exam site and have seen that they do small group classes and have daily online tests. Just wondered what experience people have in these settings and also what people have learnt and do differently second time round.
nervousmom

Re: Tutoring second time round

Post by nervousmom »

This sounds like the people we used that are based in Shirley.

My DS started half way through year 4 with the online tests. In year 5 he did their Masters class on a Saturday morning for 2 hours at 'The Bridge' in Shirley Park in a group of 25 children with a ratio of 1 tutor for 5 children. He also continued the on line tests and did the mock exams. He is in year 9 at KEFW.

My DD started te online tests at the start of year 4 and proceeded to do the same as her brother.

She is starting KEFW in September.

My next DS is currently in year 1, but we will definitely be using the same people when he starts in year 4.

We were very pleased with the way the tutoring is done and the help that is available.

There are obviously costs involved, but considerably cheaper than the private school fees!
Nard

Re: Tutoring second time round

Post by Nard »

Sorry posted on wrong topic
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now