Waiting List movement 2016 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sunshinesuperhero

Re: Waiting List movement 2016 entry

Post by sunshinesuperhero »

Well done, hedgehog! We knew it would come eventually!

How exciting! :D
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Small amount of movement still going on at a few of the KE's. Most list are now pretty done and dusted, but there has been movement this week. Let's see if there are one or two more over the summer hols.

PP
mummycindy

Post by mummycindy »

215 - 15th on waiting list for SCGSG.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

mummycindy wrote:215 - 15th on waiting list for SCGSG.
From what I remember on previous years I haven't looked on threads to confirm my memory but 215 was the highest final cut off in recent years.It will be touch and go.Your friend is lucky her dd already has a grammar school place and in reality while we look at various things between grammar schools there are usually minor things which distinguish them and a bright child will succeed in any such environment.If you are lucky you have a choice between consortia.I hope it works out for your friend and they get their first choice.
Last edited by quasimodo on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
KenR

Post by KenR »

Petitpois wrote:Small amount of movement still going on at a few of the KE's. Most list are now pretty done and dusted, but there has been movement this week. Let's see if there are one or two more over the summer hols.

PP
For information, there is actually a further 11+ exam sitting in mid Aug for parents/families relocating into the region so this will impact the position on the list. I suspect that for very high performing candidates they may decide to over allocate against PAN and offer a place this Sept
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Posting this for the sole purpose of providing information to help future anxious parents; the BV W/L moved 44 places from offers day to 5th September. I don't know what the final cut off score was as DS was nowhere near it, it may just help when it comes to knowing how many places a W/L moved in a certain year.

Good luck to all those sitting this September.
um

Post by um »

Thank you for that - it is useful information
um

Post by um »

Nervousmum's post summarising waiting list offers this year has been added to the front of this thread
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

Just to add that there has continued to be movement into September - two girls have started this term (one this week) at KEVIHS who were previously at Sutton Girls. So two places there freed up too! Seemed to be no shows, so some do leave their decision making to very late in the day.
Iram

Post by Iram »

To add to waiting list movement in last 2 weeks friends dd was offered a place at sutton girls with a score of 216 which she declined as staying at qmhs.