Anybody taking the QMGS test on Monday (boys)?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ricky74

Anybody taking the QMGS test on Monday (boys)?

Post by Ricky74 »

We've done the Birmingham test (ths te last week I was nervoysly chewing fingernails) so Walsall next. We live about 15 minutes away and hoping traffic will be fine.

It seems like a long time to be there - 9.15 to say 1.45. I know they can't be dismissed until the afternoon cohort goes in to sit their test though.

Do they always sit morning and afternoon tests?

Any top tips in terms of the drop off pick up/set up compared to Brum?

Good luck to everybody sitting the test. I can't wait for it all to be over - finally! :lol:
Turtlegirl

Re: Anybody taking the QMGS test on Monday (boys)?

Post by Turtlegirl »

Hi Ricky74

There have been morning and afternoon tests at Walsall for the last few years. There is quite a lot of faffing about to get boys in and out and ensure that the morning and afternoon sitters don't meet! My lad watched a movie at the end of the morning session last year.

I seem to recall that last year the school had arranged parking in a local park at pick up time, which was very well organised, although it was an extremely hot day, and my car was roasting by the time I'd picked my son up. You can also park in side streets around the school if you arrive in good time. There's plenty of free parking about if you don't mind a short walk.

It is very well organised at QMGS, and there is plenty of space in the school site at pick up time too. There was a long queue into the school at drop off, but sensibly no parents are allowed through the gate.
Ricky74

Re: Anybody taking the QMGS test on Monday (boys)?

Post by Ricky74 »

Thanks Turtlegirl

Even though the weather and traffic were against us pleased to say that the orhanisation at QM was great.

Boys watched a film and came out relaxed and happy.

They came out on time and I think it was smoother than the BV set up.

Four weeks today and we'll know....