ABN

Re: Walsall,Wolverhampton and Wrekin Consortium Results 2017

Post by ABN »

DS scored 357 for QM
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Thanks. Being impatient!

Congratulations to everybody on your results!
Cosmo6

Post by Cosmo6 »

Our postman actually came early today...we have good news. DS got a letter from Adams saying he was strongly encouraged to apply and was of Grammar school standard. Adams no longer give out scores, so now have to wait until 1st March to find out if he gets a place :?

Well done to all those who took the exam, regardless of their scores :D
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

dd 332 walsall exam

will decline place for first choice handsworth girls so a place should open up for someone

good luck to all!
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Newbiee wrote:we got ours this morning..DD scored 349 :)

Yipppee - Very well done.
Newbiee wrote:I am quite confused how much a child should be scoring as average in their MOCK test and Practice test Paper's at this time.
I know that depending on paper's the score will vary according to the difficulty but does anyone know (from previous experience) they should be scoring in CGP, Bond etc...? My DD currently seems to be scoring higher in CGP and bit low in Bond. Looked at the paper and there isn't much difference. Any ideas? My DD is scoring between 70- 80% in Practice Test packs. Whats is her chance of getting in(experienced parents) know how much?

Thanks in advance
This for me highlights the help of a forum like this. You mentioned your DD was getting 70-80% on the bond books and I responded that that was roughly what my DD was getting and the outcome across two different tests in two different years are basically the same. Not scientific but definitely helps now calibrate how much work we should be doing for DD2.

Well done once again. I bet August when you raised the query feels like an age ago.
Javed Akhtar

Post by Javed Akhtar »

My daughter got 319 for Queen Mary Test. Does she stand a chance? Will it be automatic or via waiting list?

Any advice would be greatly received and appreciated. Thank you
WISE

Post by WISE »

DS 335

Any chance for QM boys?
Shabzh

Post by Shabzh »

My DD scored 318 on the Walsall test and going by previous years' scores, this should be enough for her to get to QM.
The issue is the distance, living in Hall Green, Birmingham.
Does anyone do or know anyone that does this trip? Is it a reasonable journey to expect my daughter to do daily? Also, does anyone know of any private minibus arrangements locally? Please get in touch, I am in such a dilemma right now.

Many thanks
Shabzh

Post by Shabzh »

Javed Akhtar wrote:My daughter got 319 for Queen Mary Test. Does she stand a chance? Will it be automatic or via waiting list?

Going by last year's result of the last pupil in, she should get in comfortably, of course this is all dependant on the actual scores this year, but it does state on the letter that any score over 300 is in with a chance. I hope his helps.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Javed Akhtar wrote:My daughter got 319 for Queen Mary Test. Does she stand a chance? Will it be automatic or via waiting list?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may assist.

Based on the last few years your dd should get a place on offers day in March 2017 or from the waiting list.Its difficult to say more than that.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now