KES exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11plus_enthusiast

Re: KES exam

Post by 11plus_enthusiast »

I have a glad news. I received a call today and my son has been asked to come for an interview on the 14th Nov.
Last edited by 11plus_enthusiast on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veryhopeful

Post by veryhopeful »

Many congratulations to you 11plus_enthusiast
:)
WISE

Post by WISE »

Congrats 11plus_enthusiast.

Best luck with the interview. Did your DC say how did he find the test itself? Did his school receive any reference request from KES?

It seems both KES and KEHS are quite slow in processing the test and interview stage this year. It's one month and we have only heard from one family who got an interview confirmed. KES alone normally interviews 200 every year. But it doesn't sound like they have interviewed any significant numbers yet, I wonder why it's so quiet this year.

There are some prep schools who send quite a few (10 or more) to these schools every year. Anyone knows if there is any movement/noise at these prep schools re this?

What was the point of bringing the test forward if the parents have to suffer with such confusion and worries for nearly the same period of time as before! I think they should not keep parents waiting in dark for such long time. From test to final offers should be processed within one month.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

It would have been better to have turned it around in one month but I think they have been clear that results would be in December since the summer. They seem to be taking their time with interviews but that is up to them really - even if interviewed you don't know if there is offer or on what basis until December.
UmSusu
Pickledonion

Post by Pickledonion »

A number of children from my DS school have now been invited to, or had, scholarship interviews. I know that another prep school have also received interview invitations for a few of their pupils. It looks like they are calling scholarship / scholarship with assisted place combined interviews first. The children I know if who are attending for scholarship interviews are at the very top of their year, in maths at least, and scored extremely highly in the Grammar school exam.
11plus_enthusiast

Post by 11plus_enthusiast »

WISE wrote:Congrats 11plus_enthusiast.

Best luck with the interview. Did your DC say how did he find the test itself? Did his school receive any reference request from KES?

It seems both KES and KEHS are quite slow in processing the test and interview stage this year. It's one month and we have only heard from one family who got an interview confirmed. KES alone normally interviews 200 every year. But it doesn't sound like they have interviewed any significant numbers yet, I wonder why it's so quiet this year.

There are some prep schools who send quite a few (10 or more) to these schools every year. Anyone knows if there is any movement/noise at these prep schools re this?

What was the point of bringing the test forward if the parents have to suffer with such confusion and worries for nearly the same period of time as before! I think they should not keep parents waiting in dark for such long time. From test to final offers should be processed within one month.
Thanks and the appreciations go to my son.
He said that he found it easier than the sample paper they sent along with the test invitation letter. He pretty much completed the whole test both in English and Maths. I am expecting that he will get some kind of scholarship.
simplelearning

Post by simplelearning »

Got a call today asking to come in on Tuesday for an AP interview. Was told my son did really well.
veryhopeful

Post by veryhopeful »

simplelearning wrote:Got a call today asking to come in on Tuesday for an AP interview. Was told my son did really well.
simplelearning - Many Congrats to you and your DS. You must be proud of him.
Guest2014

Post by Guest2014 »

WISE wrote:Congrats 11plus_enthusiast.

Why was the test brought forward...good question.

One thing is for certain....it makes a good deal of extra money for the schools. Take EHS for instance, their test was £70. I registered my daughter as an insurance policy in case she did poorly in the 11+. Had the test been on January 2017 then I (and scores of others) would have saved £70 each and the school would have lost out on a few thousand pounds. I don't know what the reason for the date change is but it's clear that the schools earn a good revenue stream out of this simple move; and a very clever move it is too. They should have thought of this money spinner years ago.

But I'm glad the test was sooner, get's all the studying out of the way quickly; the idea of children still preparing for a Jan test is unbearable !!
WISE

Post by WISE »

No news yet from KES, are they still calling for interviews or is it all over by now?

Will they let me know how ds performed in the test if i call the KES admission or foundation office?

Feeling very disappointed and heartbroken as ds was asking about it as well.

Not sure if its time to tell him to just forget about it and move on.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now