Bishop VESEY PAN

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

den1819

Re: Bishop VESEY PAN

Post by den1819 »

Petitpois wrote:
den1819 wrote:Hello,

Can anyone take an educated guess as to what the cut off score for a pp child might be for bv? I know it's their first year for pp, but do you think it could be similar to KEA?

Thank you
When the others introduced PP, they didn't fill up the full compliment on the first year. So my (I am not sure it qualifies as educated) guess is this year will be the same for BV. Implications of that for me are (but always DYOR)

1) Likely PP cut off will be the same as the qualifying score as not all pupil premium places will be taken up
2) If not all PP places are taken up, then this reduces upward pressure on the main cut off. Example say BV get 20 PP applications for places with scores ranging from 230 - 209 (or whatever the qualifying score is), then the remaining unclaimed places are released to the main waiting list (thus lowering the cut off).

If pupil premium was 100% taken up this year, then that scenario would most likely feed into the scenario where the BV cut off pushes up towards the 226 people have been suggesting.

Problem with all this is it's utterly impossible to know what the pattern of applications will be and the mix of socio demographics. If no one on pupil premium applies, there could other things equal be a fairly limited impact on the main cut off's and 222 or something could get you in.

But I will stick with my guess, that something like 50% of places will go to pupil premium and that will suppress the extent of any rise in the main cut off's
Petitpois,

Thank you for kindly replying. You make some very helpful and intruiging comments.

Our ds scored 211 and is on pp. He had his heart set on BV or KEA, hence the worry if he has done enough to get in to either.

Best regards.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Okidoke

Perhaps I should say what I was trying to express, is that Less take up of PP won't lower the main cut off's in and of itself, it will rather reduce upward pressure on them. Lots of things affect upward pressure, so there is always a degree of unpredictability.

Still I would be amazed that 100% of the PP places got taken up in the first year. Lots thought that would happen this year (me included), but there was no stand out rise in PP cut offs, so there is no reason to think BV will not follow the same pattern as the others that introduced it a couple of years back.

Indeed some school posted drops. Whilst others posted rises.
Time will tell
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

reeyah wrote:Hi Umsusu!

Am I right in thinking I may see you at the gates of KEAS?!!

Reeyah :)
Hi Reeyah

How nice to have you back on here - just like old times!

Yep, looks like KEA for us :D
UmSusu
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now