AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised total

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
UW01

Re: AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised tot

Post by UW01 »

Hi, quasimodo. Only just checked-in to forum and saw your request. The Email for CEM is info.access@durham.ac.uk

Has anyone that already sent in their subject request form received the results yet? Also, what are you using as the comparable? The only info I can retrieve is lowest scores offered a place for 2014, but those were in catchment, where as we are OOA. Can anyone shed any light please?
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

For Sept'16 (my DS year), lowest score someone on here posted was 330 OOA (although they turned down the place). I'm sure I also read that a child was offered a boarding place at 310. So I guess the OOA cut off is somewhere in between!!! :? Not too helpful, sorry.
UW01

Post by UW01 »

For Sept'16 (my DS year), lowest score someone on here posted was 330 OOA (although they turned down the place). I'm sure I also read that a child was offered a boarding place at 310. So I guess the OOA cut off is somewhere in between!!! :? Not too helpful, sorry
Wow 330! That's quite a jump from what I've read for 2014. Last place offered (as listed on here) was 323. Does anyone know what the cut off was for previous years - 300 or 315?
cattymum

Post by cattymum »

Hi there,

My son started at Adams in September and his score was 325. We are OOA and were offered a place on results day so presumably the score went lower than this. Hope this helps!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

cattymum wrote:Hi there,

My son started at Adams in September and his score was 325. We are OOA and were offered a place on results day so presumably the score went lower than this. Hope this helps!
Presumably you mean National Allocations Day (March 1st)?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mrs H

Post by Mrs H »

Cattymum, just wondered whether you got your result from Adams on the letter following the test? Thanks :)
cattymum

Post by cattymum »

Apologies, I meant Allocations Day! We obtained his score from CEM.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

We happened, fortunately, to take the test at QMGS as at the time I thought that would be our easiest option. We had never considered Adams, as it seemed too far from Wolvs. But further research after he had taken the test, revealed no school bus to QMGS and a 1hr plus journey on public transport, or 35 min school bus to Adams.

So, by complete luck, we ended up knowing our score, and before I found this forum to realise how lucky we were. Sure made that last wait to March, a bit easier!
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

cattymum wrote:Hi there,

Thank you so much for sharing this cattymum! What a relief to find mums who can share their experience with writing their exams at AGS and not knowing their test score.
I’m awaiting my DS’ score from CEM.
Did your DS get a strongly encouraged letter from AGS? Mine did and I’ve been itching to find mums who got one and later found out their test score.
Also how is he finding it at Adams?
UW01

Post by UW01 »

Got an email from CEM! DS scored 333.84 which seems a little borderline as OOA candidate, from what I've been reading so far. He sat two 11+ tests (including Altrincham Boys - we were considering a work-based relocation at the time). He did say the AG test was considerably harder, especially the maths reasoning questions. His arithmetic is very strong, so I guess he needed more work on worded problems. CEM give a breakdown of raw scores for verbal, maths and NVR and corresponding age standardized scores. So you get a good comparison of performance in each section. My DD got 340 in 2014 and is now at WGHS. My thoughts were AG was a whole lot more competitive, so DS needed to score relatively higher as OOA to secure a place. We've already put AG as 1st choice and QM as 2nd. I guess the anticipation until March hasn't been made any easier. Wishing all others all the best!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now