Camp Hill Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manon

Re: Camp Hill Boys

Post by Manon »

Thank you again and apologies JaneEyre for my musunderstanding.

Hope all ok Kenyancowgirl and thanks for taki,g the trouble to reply from the doctor's surgery
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

...Thanks Manon...I won't bore you with the woes of medical issues but suffice it to say that between three of us we have had 8 injections and now have to check on having two more...!! But we have come out of it with nothing worse than very stiff arms...poor DS2 had four and has his brace fitting tomorrow too... (some people get to go on holiday at half term...we visit the doctor!! Well, it's cheaper than Alton Towers!
guest201

Post by guest201 »

11plus_enthusiast wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Stratford is probable the most competitive to gain entry too - despite the priority circle - I have explained in another thread how it is actually the top scorers who get offered places, regardless of where they live...and there are only 81 places.
I am not able to understand, how KE Stratford will offer places for children living outside the area? I have received a letter from Warwickshire exam board with a score and over all ranking (15th). However since I don't live in the priority area, I understand we wont be offered a place because their cutoff goes up to around 232 and people in the area are offered seats. So though my son has 254, he does not have a chance of getting there. I would like to choose KE Startford over CHB, but I dont think I will get it. I will still put that as my 1st pref.
Could you please point me why you think the offer is made in any other way? Thanks
I wouldn't say no chance 11plus enthusiast your son has a very high score. Last year only 2 children from out of area were admitted to KES, I suspect they were waiting list offers, on the bright side with that score your son would probably be top of the waiting list.
11plus_enthusiast

Post by 11plus_enthusiast »

guest201 wrote: I wouldn't say no chance 11plus enthusiast your son has a very high score. Last year only 2 children from out of area were admitted to KES, I suspect they were waiting list offers, on the bright side with that score your son would probably be top of the waiting list.
Thanks guest201 for your input. I understand that if there are not enough children within the priority area to fill up the PAN, then they go for children outside the area. But again I think the wait list will be sorted by distance (closer to school on the top) for all children with a score above the qualification score. Thereby children living outside with high scores could still be way down the wait list.
Anyway I will put that as 1st choice and then CHB.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

The waiting list is organised by rank score and that alone. Distance only comes into play if two children are on exactly the same score/rank - then the child who lives closest will be given priority.

I did answer your quesry last night, 11+enthusiast and I see from your response above that you saw it - and it looks as if you understood what I was saying about how they set the AQS (unfortunately, the mods were forced to tidy up this thread, and my answer got removed). Your son has scored incredibly well, I would be hopeful that he would get offered a place at KES Stratford either on or soon after offers day. If you list it first and CHB second then even if you just get offered CHB you would stay on the w/list for KES Stratford...whilst they never offer many places from the w/list, you do have a chance but would also have a good second choice.
11plus_enthusiast

Post by 11plus_enthusiast »

kenyancowgirl wrote:The waiting list is organised by rank score and that alone. Distance only comes into play if two children are on exactly the same score/rank - then the child who lives closest will be given priority.

I did answer your quesry last night, 11+enthusiast and I see from your response above that you saw it - and it looks as if you understood what I was saying about how they set the AQS (unfortunately, the mods were forced to tidy up this thread, and my answer got removed). Your son has scored incredibly well, I would be hopeful that he would get offered a place at KES Stratford either on or soon after offers day. If you list it first and CHB second then even if you just get offered CHB you would stay on the w/list for KES Stratford...whilst they never offer many places from the w/list, you do have a chance but would also have a good second choice.
Thanks Kenyancowgirl. I think it makes sense now.