Allocations and waiting list movement 2017 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

GetGoing

Re: Allocations and waiting list movement 2017 - scores only

Post by GetGoing »

My DS scored 225 and wondering if we can secure a place in KEFW in waiting List.
Any idea on 2017 places last offered in waiting list for KEFW.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Hi guys,

UPDATE: Finally got the letter from Newport Girls' High School today.

My DD2 scored 325. They say "we would strongly encourage you to include Newport Girl's High School on your Local Authority Preference Form."

Also states: "You may wish to consider the results of the entrance test last year at the school to help put your daughter's score in context: The highest standardised score obtained was 396 and the lowest was 166.

The range of standardised scores this year is similar.

The standardised score achieved by the last test candidate to be offered a place at Newport Girls' High School in the previous year was 305.

I hope that helps people. :)

Buckbeak posted this on another thread just now.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
mummy-2009

Post by mummy-2009 »

Ricky74 wrote:Hello!

HGS offered on 201 (wondering if that is a record in recent years?) so hopefully you can add this to the front page. Last year I scoured the site for old posts to see what scores dropped to so I hope any information I can give will help others. Also, just to show that even now places are offered. We have, sadly, declined the place after all that, but that's another story on another thread :D

I also have another snippet from our appeal that last year the Walsall test had around 1350 sitters. I hope this helps in some way.

PS OT - I was very much a female the last time I checked :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Is this girls or boys?Just checking to see if there is any point in waiting.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

mummy-2009 wrote:

HGS offered on 201 (wondering if that is a record in recent years?) so hopefully you can add this to the front page. Last year I scoured the site for old posts to see what scores dropped to so I hope any information I can give will help others. Also, just to show that even now places are offered. We have, sadly, declined the place after all that, but that's another story on another thread :D

I also have another snippet from our appeal that last year the Walsall test had around 1350 sitters. I hope this helps in some way.

This was the boys
mummy-2009

Post by mummy-2009 »

helen0209 wrote:
mummy-2009 wrote:

This was the boys
thankyou.
bunglemum

Post by bunglemum »

My DD got her letter from Newport. Still uneasy. Score was 311 and letter said "we strongly encourage you to apply".

I have no idea how many girls they send these letters to for the 84 places available. Any idea anyone?

Thanks
Wyre

Post by Wyre »

bunglemum wrote:My DD got her letter from Newport. Still uneasy. Score was 311 and letter said "we strongly encourage you to apply".

I have no idea how many girls they send these letters to for the 84 places available. Any idea anyone?

Thanks
If you are in the Newport area - the lowest girl accepted had 305 points.

If you are out of the Newport area, it will all depend on the scores of the other out of area girls.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

bunglemum wrote:My DD got her letter from Newport. Still uneasy. Score was 311 and letter said "we strongly encourage you to apply".

Thanks
Anyone who gets above the qualifying score gets a "strongly encourage" letter. I think this is 300.
Homeheartis

Post by Homeheartis »

Can anyone tell me what the lowest entry score from the waiting list was for king ed Handsworth girls this year? I know the cut off was 222 but any idea last number in off waiting list or how low it went?
um

Post by um »

Unfortunately we don't have much data at all for KE Handsworth.

The data on the first page is from parents who have told us their child's score/waiting list position/date of offer.

If you do get in touch with the foundation to ask them the question (and it's a very reasonable question) of the score of the last non-PP admitted child before the start of term, please let us know.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now