School offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kegs dad 2

School offers

Post by kegs dad 2 »

Does anyone know when our childrens' primary schools are informed of the secondary school offers? In other words, do they know BEFORE us tormented parents and children?! I would be most grateful if anybody out there has any knowledge of this!
fm

fm

Post by fm »

They certainly know before you receive your mail because there is a certain headmaster in Harborne who has, for a couple of years, called the children in and informed them of their destination--sometimes before parents have received the letter in the post! This has, as you can imagine, gone down like a lead balloon with some parents. Anyway, they definitely have the information on the offers day but possibly not much earlier.
kegs dad 2

Thanks fm!

Post by kegs dad 2 »

Thank you for that fm! It confirms a sneaky suspicion we had that our childrens' primary school did indeed know our childrens'secondary school offers before us and were merely 'going through the motions,' when politely asking us!!
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Only 6 weeks to go until offers day - I wish I could stop thinking about it!!!
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Primary schools sometimes get it wrong, though. One of my sons was told he had a place at Camp Hill when Five Ways had been his (well, our!) first choice. Some of his classmates were told they hadn't passed. (This was before KE grammars had to go on the LEA form, so results came out before Christmas. Not long enough ago for this to be acceptable behaviour on the part of the teacher, though.)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now