Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ashu

Re: Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Post by Ashu »

femalemidlander wrote:Ashu I think your daughter would have a place with that score. There is no catchment!
really there is no catchment?
So if she gets a place she can travel or maybe we shift?
and from where can I get the school admissions forms?
Also why have we got a letter from Wolverhampton Girls school too, she gave the exam in QMs.. i am just not sure what the schools in the area ... don't know a thing what to do next.

Also are there buses from rugby or we will have to drop her just in case... i m sorry asking so many questions...
also what are the qualifying score for the Wolverhampton, QMs schools??
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Ashu wrote:
femalemidlander wrote:Ashu I think your daughter would have a place with that score. There is no catchment!
Also why have we got a letter from Wolverhampton Girls school too, she gave the exam in QMs.. i am just not sure what the schools in the area ... don't know a thing what to do next.

Also are there buses from rugby or we will have to drop her just in case... i m sorry asking so many questions...
Wolverhampton Girls and Queen Mary High school for girls are two of three schools in the consortium offering places for girls.You have had a letter from these two schools as you have indicated you are interested in a place at the two schools.

I would wait for your Warwickshire results which are more local before considering matters further.Travel would be extremely difficult and not fair on your dd unless you planned to relocate.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kellyann

Post by kellyann »

DD scored 323.... Will that be enough do you think? She hasn't got enough for my first choice of Sutton... Unless she gets in on the waiting list
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Hi Everyone, DS scored 358. We are really happy as QM is 1st choice.
Good luck to all parents waiting and congratulations to those who already have their results.
quasimodo will there be a opening evening for those who have required scored to attend on Monday?
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

kellyann wrote:Emily scored 323.... Will that be enough do you think? She hasn't got enough for my first choice of Sutton... Unless she gets in on the waiting list
Well done on DD results.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

this was the situation in march of this year
Queen Mary's High School (Girls, Walsall) - cut off is 320 (official)
319 is 9th on waiting list on 15th March, 2nd on 22 March, OFFERED 24 MARCH
315 is 13th on waiting list on 12th May, offered 7 September

Wolverhampton Girls High School- cut off is 317 (official)
316 offered on 11th May
315 was 12th on waiting list on 20th March
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

kellyann wrote:Emily scored 323.... Will that be enough do you think? She hasn't got enough for my first choice of Sutton... Unless she gets in on the waiting list
if you appreciate it is going to be difficult to predict any thing in the consortium this year.Based on last year the cut off for QM Girls was 320 and WGHS 317 in March.The waiting lists for both went to 315.

You have Arthur Terry based on catchment from a previous post,SGGS and QM Girls based on score and distance of travel in play.Good luck.

My post crossed.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Goodbyekitty wrote:Hi Everyone, DS scored 358. We are really happy as QM is 1st choice.
Good luck to all parents waiting and congratulations to those who already have their results.
quasimodo will there be a opening evening for those who have required scored to attend on Monday?
I believe the open evening is for both this years admissions and next years.For September 2018 and for 2019.

Abraham Lincoln
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

quasimodo wrote:
Ashu wrote:

Wolverhampton Girls and Queen Mary High school for girls are two of three schools in the consortium offering places for girls.You have had a letter from these two schools as you have indicated you are interested in a place at the two schools.

I would wait for your Warwickshire results which are more local before considering matters further.Travel would be extremely difficult and not fair on your dd unless you planned to relocate.
Yes would wait for warks - they are posted out today so will get tomorrow I think.
My DD is not great in english and hence I am not hoping great here... i think in Wolverhamption/walsall all are equally weighted here in Warks English has 50% weightage and NR and NVR other 50% so she may not be a great scorer here. Also the local Ashlawn MFL results are pathetic for her - she cannot make through..
:-(
kellyann

Post by kellyann »

Sorry I don't know how to apply to previous post... The letter says last year the lowest score allocated a place was 314 and also 314 the year before... Would that of been off the waiting list? Yes we have Arthur Terry which is a bonus. Thanks for the reply