Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Buckbeak

Re: Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Post by Buckbeak »

The day is here...... Probably.

Didn't get much sleep. I think we parents worry too much. But then again, we worry for our children and how they will feel.

Let's see.....
femalemidlander

Post by femalemidlander »

No sleep here either finally got out of bed at 5am having tossed and turned since retiring for the night :roll: Anyway good luck to everyone today lets hope Friday 13th is good for us all.
femalemidlander

Post by femalemidlander »

hopefully this word was not in the test 'friggatriskaidekaphobia' :lol:
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

Good to hear we are not the only ones who have been re-living sleep deprivation that was a such feature about 10 years ago! Good luck to everyone waiting for the postie!
A_Mum

Post by A_Mum »

Matchsticks keeping my eyes open this morning too! Hoping we all get lucky today - unless of course they get sent out 2nd class, then I'll have another sleepless night tomorrow.....good luck all!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

To all the parents and DC awaiting the results today... I sincerely hope you all get the results you are hoping for and no doubt worked so hard for. We will be on the 11+ journey again next year and I feel nervous just thinking about it.
Please remember that if you don't get the result you wanted do not see it as a 'rejection' but a 'redirection' Everything really happens for a reason. One of my friends last year was desperately trying for Five Ways last year for her DD, and the pressure of having to live up to her older sister, was just too much and she scored way off what was required. She however scored extremely high on Wolves girls and this is where she has now started. She is loving every minute of it, and in hindsight this was the best thing that could have happened. At the time my friend was distraught.
The sibling rivalry has really mellowed out now and they are happily just getting on with school life without being in each others shadow.

Good Luck all.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck to all those waiting.

I remember those anxieties three years ago my memory seems to have faded with my eldest twelve years ago.It will be interesting to hear the pupil premium cut off for QMGS and QMHS.I think as each are reserving 30 places for pupil premium children this will have an impact but it is difficult to say how cut offs will be impacted for non pupil premium children.I recall at Bishops Vesey the change didn't have the impact it was thought it would have and in Birmingham KE Camp Hill for Girls and KE Handsworth for girls didn't complete the full complement of pupil premium girls in the first year.Setting the cut off mark is a difficult task.I would place no reliance on previous years cut offs and hope for the best in March 2018.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Hopeful34

Post by Hopeful34 »

Not much sleep for me either.

The wait is the worst part and I have my fingers crossed that the postman brings the WGHS letters today. Best wishes to everyone.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Hopeful34 wrote:Not much sleep for me either.

The wait is the worst part and I have my fingers crossed that the postman brings the WGHS letters today. Best wishes to everyone.
Yes. Good luck to us all today . Just had a banana to key my energy levels up. :?

The brain just doesn't stop thinking...about the result, what will it mean, what more could I have done.....!!!

Going for a walk.... :shock: :)
Hopeful34

Post by Hopeful34 »

For all of you still waiting - I can definitely confirm that the letters should arrive for you today. Just this second received our little girls letter.