Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:39 am 

quasimodo wrote:
By median do you mean 300 ? Therefore any score above 300 ? This would make sense as scores for the limited numbers in catchment fall quite low but for the rest the encouragement in their letters can be misleading.This means for the majority who are out of catchment and encouraged to apply will be in for a disappointment.

In my opinion it also allows a school to say we had X number of pupils applying for Y number of places at the school even though its done on a false premiss. A number of parents if they knew the reality of the scores of their boys and previous years out of catchment cut offs simply wouldn't bother applying to the school.

Yes that's correct, median is 300 and the letters are misleading. I have seen scores of 303 and 333 on this forum getting the strongly encouraged letter. There should be some kind of consensus about getting AGS to become more transparent. The whole 11+ Exam and process are manipulative enough, first it's understanding the age standardisation nonsense, the pressure and costs of prep for the exam, then the wait both for the result and a school place :shock: . Now I see why Jeremy Corbyn pushed for the exams to be scrapped :D . It's all good. Pardon my venting.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:24 am 

Dear All,

Adams Grammar School are legally required to supply any data held regarding your Child under Subject Access (Data Protection Act). YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE TO CEM Durham University - IT IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT AND THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW.

You can obtain your Childs Score from AG and if they refuse, put them on notice that you will be reporting the matter to the Information Commissioners Office.

You also have a right to report the matter to the Governing body at the Haberdasher Trust.

https://ico.org.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17