Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Re: Wolverhampton Walsall Wrekin 11 plus exam

Post by quasimodo »

R-mum wrote:Abraham Lincoln-thank you so much for your reply, really appreciated! Can I ask ..did QMGS take PP last year? Just wondering if cut off will likely to go higher? Also is anyone aware of a bus service to BV from near the broadway in walsall? I’ve not considered Birmingham grammar schools (not sure why) does anyone know if there is some sort of school service? Sorry first child so not too familiar with it all! Thanks in advance.
QMGS did not have preference for pupil premium last year.It may or may not have an impact on cut offs from last year.It seems the lowest pupil premium qualifying score is likely to be 305 it has not yet been finalised. There is certainly a bus service in reverse when I last checked which ran from Sutton Coldfield which runs to QMHS.As you appreciate QMHS is at the bottom of the Broadway in the Town centre and therefore the service must run past the school.You will need to do your own checking to confirm this.Please check the school services provided by the green bus company to consider the viability of other bus routes.

https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus_servi ... ols/17-18/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
R-mum

Post by R-mum »

quasimodo wrote:
R-mum wrote:Abraham Lincoln-thank you so much for your reply, really appreciated! Can I ask ..did QMGS take PP last year? Just wondering if cut off will likely to go higher? Also is anyone aware of a bus service to BV from near the broadway in walsall? I’ve not considered Birmingham grammar schools (not sure why) does anyone know if there is some sort of school service? Sorry first child so not too familiar with it all! Thanks in advance.
QMGS did not have preference for pupil premium last year.It may or may not have an impact on cut offs from last year.It seems the lowest pupil premium qualifying score is likely to be 305 it has not yet been finalised. There is certainly a bus service in reverse when I last checked which ran from Sutton Coldfield which runs to QMHS.As you appreciate QMHS is at the bottom of the Broadway in the Town centre and therefore the service must run past the school.You will need to do your own checking to confirm this.Please check the school services provided by the green bus company to consider the viability of other bus routes.

https://www.thegreenbus.co.uk/bus_servi ... ols/17-18/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks very much for this, thought the school offered to PP last year. Thanks for the info :)
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Do you mean the end of the Broadway near QMGS or QMHS?

From the boys school check out the 77 route into Sutton (though it does not go past BV)

From the girls school area I think maybe the 78?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Ricky74 wrote:Do you mean the end of the Broadway near QMGS or QMHS?

From the boys school check out the 77 route into Sutton (though it does not go past BV)

From the girls school area I think maybe the 78?
I meant QMHS.

I see your point the Broadway becomes Broadway North.

It was the number 6 bus route I was referring to which goes past Bishops Vesey school.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Hi guys,

UPDATE: Finally got the letter from Newport Girls' High School today.

My DD2 scored 325. They say "we would strongly encourage you to include Newport Girl's High School on your Local Authority Preference Form."

Also states: "You may wish to consider the results of the entrance test last year at the school to help put your daughter's score in context: The highest standardised score obtained was 396 and the lowest was 166.

The range of standardised scores this year is similar.

The standardised score achieved by the last test candidate to be offered a place at Newport Girls' High School in the previous year was 305.

I hope that helps people. :)
pennwald

Post by pennwald »

Finally got the letter from NGHS this afternoon. It's been a very long weekend, but worth the wait - totally blown away with DDs score of 351. Should make the next 4.5 months a little easier to endure!

A quick thought on the last line of the NGHS letter posted by Buckbeat - the lowest score of 305 getting a place last year is likely to be for a pupil within catchment, so needs to be viewed with caution if you are out of area.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

pennwald wrote:Finally got the letter from NGHS this afternoon. It's been a very long weekend, but worth the wait - totally blown away with DDs score of 351. Should make the next 4.5 months a little easier to endure!

A quick thought on the last line of the NGHS letter posted by Buckbeat - the lowest score of 305 getting a place last year is likely to be for a pupil within catchment, so needs to be viewed with caution if you are out of area.
Many congratulations to you and your DD pennwald. :)

Good thinking. I didn't think about PP at Newport.
read

Post by read »

femalemidlander wrote:339 here wghs so pleased
BIG Congratulations to you and your dd :D
wangjinbo

Post by wangjinbo »

Hi,got a letter from Adam said strongly encourage .but my son still want to know his score.anybody know how can I know that.,thank you.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

wangjinbo wrote:Hi,got a letter from Adam said strongly encourage .but my son still want to know his score.anybody know how can I know that.,thank you.
This may assist.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=48790" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let us know how you get on.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now