10 more days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

helen0209

Re: 10 more days

Post by helen0209 »

Candel wrote:..and do you really think it might be Saturday Helen? I was banking on Friday!
It should be Friday, but they have been known to arrive on the Saturday :(
um

Post by um »

In the old days (am I really that old :?: ) children took the exam in early November and you had already filled out the LA form beforehand.
You had no idea how they'd done and which school they'd get until March! That was the case with my older two dc.
With dc3, we did get the result in October, but it was borderline, so had another wait until March to fully know which school she would get.
Then this year so far I've waited for...Uni offers....A level results....GCSE results. In that order.
They grow up so very quickly. There's always something to wait for, I guess....weddings, grandchildren, grandchildren's 11 Plus results...I could go on :lol:
Maybe that's why the wait for these results hasn't bothered me at all! Surely I must be a 'veteran waiter' by now :D
And we still have the KES exam to go so I hadn't turned my thoughts fully to the GS results yet. I'm not looking forward to waiting until 9 December for the KES results though :? Expect me to mutter on here at some point in November about that wait!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Candel wrote:..and do you really think it might be Saturday Helen? I was banking on Friday!
Our Walsall results should have come on the Saturday or even Friday. Most on here and at school had received them by sat. We faced a long weekend and they only arrived Monday PM!!! you could stalk the postie as I did. Good luck guys :D
Candel

Post by Candel »

Ricky74 wrote:
Our Walsall results should have come on the Saturday or even Friday. Most on here and at school had received them by sat. We faced a long weekend and they only arrived Monday PM!!! you could stalk the postie as I did. Good luck guys :D
Really? Oh no! I was hoping for the weekend to regroup, recover, rethink, relax... depending on the outcome.

But you're right Um, in the scheme of things it is just another wait. I do keep telling myself to be rational about it! I think it's the fact that it's the first one & there's a fair bit riding on it that is causing the nerves. The old system of filling in preferences before results and waiting until March must have been a nightmare.

Only 9 days now :) (or 12 if our postman is as elusive as Ricky's!)
um

Post by um »

Time flies ... as they say :D

I keenly remember waiting for dc1's results (for 1 March, then!) and the agony of that... now he is at Uni, I'm not sure where all the years went!

My dc is attending a trial boarders weekend at Adam's from 13 October - it is rather awkward that he might be going when we don't know if he has the results for it yet :?
Candel

Post by Candel »

Yes, it's tough throwing yourself wholeheartedly into open days - and even harder I imagine for a weekend trial - when you're not sure you can go to the school anyway. I think that's the main reason ds is so desperate to get a result - so he knows where to focus his enthusiasm!
Candel

Post by Candel »

A week to go... just saying! :D
Candel

Post by Candel »

& good luck to all girls doing the KEHS exam today and all boys doing KES tomorrow.
Goodbyekitty

Post by Goodbyekitty »

Candel is your DC taking the KEHS or KES exams?
For us this will be the last option grammar school so we've not done any furthur 11+ prep work.
I have told DS to just try his best and to enjoy himself and if anything treat it like a fun day out meeting other boys. :)
Candel

Post by Candel »

Hi GK. No, ds isn't doing the kes exam on the weekend. For various reasons we decided against it. Many of his friends are doing it though and I do wonder whether we should have let him do it just for fun (he wanted to)!! Quiet weekend instead!