Royal Mail strike

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kellyann

Royal Mail strike

Post by kellyann »

So Royal Mail are set to strike on 19th October.... Luckily we will have the results of the exams by then... Wouldn't like to have to wait any longer than we already have!
Guest55

Re: Royal Mail strike

Post by Guest55 »

There was a much longer postal strike in 1971 - it went on for weeks.

http://www.gbps.org.uk/displays/1971-postal-strike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Guest55 wrote:There was a much longer postal strike in 1971 - it went on for weeks.
I had quite forgotten about that, but thank you for the link to the GBPS website.

I was an avid philatelist (yep, one of those!) in my youth, and I shall enjoy reading everything else on there.

"I may be gone some time ..." :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

We had a postal strike in 2007/8 when DDs results were due, the LEA made arrangements for kids at in area schools to get them through school and for out of area schools, the parents could collect them at the LEA office (think queue of anxious parents with ID scurrying off to open the envelope.)
um

Post by um »

We are still in the middle of a bin strike :roll: so definitely don't need any more !
I hope the Walsall results are safely in beforehand.
Although on the positive side, if I can no longer buy anything from Amazon, I won't have to work out how to stuff the crazy amount of cardboard packaging into my tiny 'paper pod' in the recycling bin which never gets collected....
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Um, if everything goes according to plan, refuse collection should at last be back to normal from this Monday.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... t-13718046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You and I are lucky enough not to be far from a council tip (in Kings Norton). I have done many 'short trips' there during the last months as I cannot stand the bins piling up... nor the smell!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now