Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am 

Does anyone know anyone that has actually succeeded in an appeal for a King Edwards place?
I have some special circumstances that have affected my son both emotionally and educationally (His Dad collapsed and died suddenly in sept 2015 and he had a terrible year 4 as a result of how it affected him emotionally) the test was just a few days away from the 2nd Anniversary of his dads death) he has passed as such scoring 223 so has enough for BV and maybe Aston but my older son is at KEFW and as an only parent I desperately want them together. My son is very nervous since all this happened and traveling from south Birmingham to the further grammar schools is probably unrealistic where as he would be fine with his older brother.
Wondering if it’s worth an appeal on circumstances when he doesn’t get in as I know he won’t on this score
Any advice welcomed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 pm 

I know that it is very, very rare to win an appeal in Bham for a GS.

You can certainly try - although be aware that appeal forms won't be available until after 1 March.
You also need to be prepared for a stressful, possibly gruelling process I am afraid.

You are likely to receive more advice if you post on the 'Appeals' section of the main forum - and the stickies there are very useful reading, too.