KES interviews

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lookingforwardto

Re: KES interviews

Post by lookingforwardto »

thirdtimemum wrote:
lookingforwardto wrote:We received a call from KEHS today and have invited us (just parents without DD) to discuss the financial circumstances.
The interview is on Friday 3-Nov and am wondering if anyone has been in same boat earlier and is able to guide further.
Thanks in advance.
Interesting.... I have read through lots of threads on here about the school but not seen that before. Have you applied for an assisted place?
We haven't heard anything at all. I keep thinking it must be bad news...
Yes we did apply for an assisted place.
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

thirdtimemum wrote:
lookingforwardto wrote:We received a call from KEHS today and have invited us (just parents without DD) to discuss the financial circumstances.
The interview is on Friday 3-Nov and am wondering if anyone has been in same boat earlier and is able to guide further.
Thanks in advance.
Interesting.... I have read through lots of threads on here about the school but not seen that before. Have you applied for an assisted place?
Same here! We haven’t heard anything neither, preparing myself for the worst
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Lili32 wrote:
thirdtimemum wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Same here! We haven’t heard anything neither, preparing myself for the worst
Lili32 have you heard of others having anything? I don't know anyone who has applied so I don't get to hear anything apart from on here. Can't believe we still have a month to wait. My DD has her heart set on here. Although she is looking at a couple of other non selective independant schools they don't compare for her.
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

Lili32 have you heard of others having anything? I don't know anyone who has applied so I don't get to hear anything apart from on here. Can't believe we still have a month to wait. My DD has her heart set on here. Although she is looking at a couple of other non selective independant schools they don't compare for her.[/quote]

My DS has his heart set on it as well! Waiting is hard.
I heard a few people had phone calls for interviews, but None of the boys from DS school has heard anything. Have you applied assisted place? Good luck to your DD
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Lili32 wrote:
I heard a few people had phone calls for interviews, but None of the boys from DS school has heard anything. Have you applied assisted place? Good luck to your DD
We have but we also ticked the box to say we would consider full fees. Im not sure we would as it would involve huge changes for our family of 5 but i felt that we had to consider it.
Where else are you applying. DD didn't do great on grammar as she is dyslexic but if very capable at creative writing. This was much more her exam. We are also considering 2 non selective indeoendant schools but I do not think the bursarys are as generous at these. Good luck to you DS. I believe the boys have more places and more bursarys than the girls so fingers crossed for you.
tom40

Post by tom40 »

I have heard from a few parents at my DS school that they had received phone calls about scholarship interviews just before half term.
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

thirdtimemum wrote:
Lili32 wrote:
We have but we also ticked the box to say we would consider full fees. Im not sure we would as it would involve huge changes for our family of 5 but i felt that we had to consider it.
Where else are you applying. DD didn't do great on grammar as she is dyslexic but if very capable at creative writing. This was much more her exam. We are also considering 2 non selective indeoendant schools but I do not think the bursarys are as generous at these. Good luck to you DS. I believe the boys have more places and more bursarys than the girls so fingers crossed for you.
We ticked the box too, but I wonder if that gives the school a indication that we are going to accept the offer even without bursary :? He has done well in the grammar tests, so Camp Hill will be our back up if he doesn’t get in KES. They are interviewing all the way till 1/12, so we still stand a chance :lol:
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

tom40 wrote:I have heard from a few parents at my DS school that they had received phone calls about scholarship interviews just before half term.
That’s what I heard too, I wonder if they have started calling assisted places yet?
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

Hi all, can someone kindly clarify the process with KES?

Do they invite all successful candidates for interviews or just those who applied for an assisted place?
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

El-jewel wrote:Hi all, can someone kindly clarify the process with KES?

Do they invite all successful candidates for interviews or just those who applied for an assisted place?
They interview scholarship, assisted place and borderline
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now