CAF - Catchment for Birmingham camp hill, five way and QMGS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
skyek

CAF - Catchment for Birmingham camp hill, five way and QMGS?

Post by skyek »

We are not in Birmingham and our LA only gives us three choices on the CAF. We intend to relocate if a place is offered.
my son has scored 239 in Birmingham test and 370 in Walsall. I have read the admissions policy for the birmingham schools and qmgs and as far as I understand the places are allocated purely on scores.

However, I am not entirely sure about this. Before I submit the CAF, I just wanted to be entirely sure that there is no catchment area restriction for birmingham and walsall GS.

Can someone please help me here.
Last edited by skyek on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turtlegirl

Re: CAF - Catchment for Birmingham camp hill, five way and Q

Post by Turtlegirl »

There is no catchment for either of these schools. Places are awarded on the basis of score in the exams. Distance only comes into play when allocating the places with the lowest scores and scores are identical.
skyek

Post by skyek »

Thank you for your help. Thanks a lot!

While filling the CAF, I noticed that there is no place to mention that the child has qualified in the entrance test and no place to mention the score achieved. Is this because our LA doesn't have grammars?

I wonder if the CAFs in birmingham and walsall have a tickbox to indicate that the child has passed the entrance test or a field to enter the score acheived?
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

No. Birmingham does not have a box to indicate scores. The computers do the magic!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

skyek wrote:Thank you for your help. Thanks a lot!

While filling the CAF, I noticed that there is no place to mention that the child has qualified in the entrance test and no place to mention the score achieved. Is this because our LA doesn't have grammars?

I wonder if the CAFs in birmingham and walsall have a tickbox to indicate that the child has passed the entrance test or a field to enter the score acheived?
From memory nearly four years ago when I completed the CAF for the Walsall LEA electronically all I did was put the schools in the true order of preference.There was nothing about any marks being entered.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
skyek

Post by skyek »

thank you
Tamworthbay

Post by Tamworthbay »

We are in a similar position, the Staffordshire CAF form has a section for 'any other info' so we just added in there that our daughter had sat the exam and her candidate number. I didn't think it was needed but seemed to make sense to add just in case.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now