KES results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KatyLees

KES results

Post by KatyLees »

Has anyone had results letters from KES yet?
lookingforwardto

Re: KES results

Post by lookingforwardto »

Yes, received offer letter from KES last week.
DD has been offered an AP.
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

Still waiting for KES, think the girls had their results last week.
kentish_man

Post by kentish_man »

KES says you should expect to receive by 8th. (Which presumably means posting today or tomorrow)
Solihull's result date on the website said the 6th (i.e. today) but I had a closer look today after postman came without them. Turns out they mean they are posting them today.
So expect to receive both of those in the next 2 days.
Fingers crossed.... been a wall of silence from both of those since the exam dates, so I guess we can rule out 2 possible results: scholarship or borderline.
Which means the letters, when they come, will either be a solid pass.... or a complete fail :?
KatyLees

Post by KatyLees »

Solihull put on their Facebook page that they were posting today. I had hoped "by the 8th" may mean we would hear sooner from KES. The wait is excruciating! Maybe there will be 2 letters tomorrow.... fingers crossed.
beoptima

Post by beoptima »

received letter from KES today and DS has been offered a place..fee paying
Lili32

Post by Lili32 »

Letter received from KES, DS has been offered a full fee place. Nothing from Solihull yet.
kentish_man

Post by kentish_man »

Congratulations those with places.
Worked from home today on the off chance.
Was at the letterbox in a flash when heard it rattle, but no letter from KES or Solihull amongst usual bills and junk. (Frustrating when I can walk to KES in 5-10 minutes!)
Another day to wait I guess. :(
(Would it really be that hard to emailin this day and age?)
tom40

Post by tom40 »

Received letter from KES yesterday saying that my DS has been put on the waiting list.

Does anyone know if KES offers places to boys on the waiting list?
Silent House

Post by Silent House »

Yes, if your DS is on the waiting/reserve list there is a good chance he will get in.

There are a number of reasons for this.

Paying school fees is not for everyone and some families may think it more prudent not to engage in something that could potentially last for the next seven years.

In addition, some boys offered places may take up places at other schools and so places will come up.

I guess it will depend on how high he is in the waiting list.

The admissions officer, Mrs Nicole Phillips, is very reasonable and I am sure that if you develop a good communication channel with her then this will not hurt.

I wish you the best of luck and congratulations. Over 900 boys sat the exam so getting onto the reserve list is a great achievement.

It is a fabulous school and in the true spirit of independent education commits to developing both character and intellect. I wonder if the boys know how lucky they are.