7 days to go and the countdown is on!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lategate

Re: 7 days to go and the countdown is on!!

Post by Lategate »

helen0209 wrote:
Lategate wrote:Apologies - stupid questions coming up.. where on the forum are the Solihull offers likely to be posted on Wednesday please? Will it be on the 2018 allocations thread? Is it likely that some Walsall offers will be posted on there from Solihull applicants? Thanks!
Offers for B’ham schools are generally on one thread and Walsall / Wolves / Shropshire on another. If someone from Solihull has been offered a Walsall school it will be on the applicable thread. However, generally there aren’t many due to the distance to get to the schools so they don’t put them on their CAF.

Good luck for Thursday
Thanks helen, and for all of your advice over the last 6 months or so, it’s been so helpful. Good luck to you too. :D
Akousar

Post by Akousar »

Hi there I’m new to this thread, very anxious for my son .cant wait till Thursday
Redshoes

Post by Redshoes »

Good luck to those waiting for allocations on Thursday
Cecilcaterpillar

Post by Cecilcaterpillar »

Good luck everyone with the last day of waiting. I'm hoping that there might be some initial results out early evening from Solihull. No doubt another restless night for me but at least the rest of the family seem oblivious.
mxj461

Post by mxj461 »

It would appear from previous year allocation process, that some parents started to post their child's allocation late evening on 28th February. Is this because they have submitted their CAF online as such they get a slightly quicker response?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

mxj461 wrote:It would appear from previous year allocation process, that some parents started to post their child's allocation late evening on 28th February. Is this because they have submitted their CAF online as such they get a slightly quicker response?
Hi, this is because Solihull Council seem to send e-mails slightly earlier than everyone else; it has nothing to do with whether you submitted on line or not.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it can be useful for some people if the scores posted by people in Solihull are anything like their own
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

I'm on a work related night out tonight, so will have to keep sneaking off to check for updates on my phone of offers from Solihull!! :lol: Am also not home tomorrow, so am reliant on DH to keep checking the e-mails and keep me informed :roll: .

Good luck to everyone waiting
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I will be around again now for a while.

My niece is waiting on KEFW, but with a score of 229 that's very unlikely for tomorrow.

Hopefully, Solihull will be true to form and release their offers later on this evening.

My niece is j dear Worcestershire, so not sure what time they send emails. My emails for Warwickshire were between 8.00am & 8.30am.

Whether it will be the same this year I don't know, but some of the Birmingham results take a long time to come through and some people last year didn't hear until the afternoon. Let's hope they send them earlier this year.

As soon as I have info regarding my niece's place on KEFW waiting list position, I will post the information.

Good luck to all.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

helen0209 wrote:I'm on a work related night out tonight, so will have to keep sneaking off to check for updates on my phone of offers from Solihull!! :lol: Am also not home tomorrow, so am reliant on DH to keep checking the e-mails and keep me informed :roll: .

Good luck to everyone waiting
I was facing a very busy few days, but we were sent home from work as there was no running water. Today has been torture trying not to worry. I know i’m going to be glued to my phone tomorrow, trying to check my emails when I should be working.