2018 Allocations discussion Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
um

2018 Allocations discussion Thread

Post by um »

This thread is for general discussion and queries once 2018 allocations have been sent.

To comment on your child's score and place/waiting list position, please go to https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=53672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ricky74

Re: 2018 Allocations discussion Thread

Post by Ricky74 »

Good luck to everybody tomorrow. Whatever your outcome/situation there's always somebody on here who can offer sound advice and support, which I have benefited from time and time again. :D
calico11

Post by calico11 »

I can’t beleive how nerve -wracking this wait is. This is my first child of three and I don’t know how I will muster the emotional energy to do it all again, twice! Hats off to all the folks on child 2,3 or more awaiting offers.
The only selective school we had on our CAF was Wolverhampton Girl’s High School. We also applied to Thomas Telford but DD not keen on there even if offered. If we don’t get WGHS (score was 324) we are likely going with Wolverhampton Grammar School for which we have an offer. My only big concern about the next few days is that we have to pay a non-returnable deposit for The Grammar by Friday to secure a place and if we are on or very close to the cut off score for WGHS with potential to get a place from the waiting list, do we pay the deposit anyway to be on the safe side of a school DD is happy with? Probably.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

I don't even know how I'm feeling. Lol
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

Caveman47 wrote:I don't even know how I'm feeling. Lol
This made me chuckle!
Candel

Post by Candel »

2 allocations in already - that's exciting!
Well done boys02 and excitedmumanddad.

Already from those two scores we know that FW cut off can't have gone up more than 2 points - and if FW hasn't gone up loads, hopefully the others won't have either. I'm looking forward to finding out more...

As usual, this forum is helpful and supportive, making the wait easier! :)
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

324 should get you in to WGHS
excitedmumanddad

Post by excitedmumanddad »

Candel wrote:2 allocations in already - that's exciting!
Well done boys02 and excitedmumanddad.

Already from those two scores we know that FW cut off can't have gone up more than 2 points - and if FW hasn't gone up loads, hopefully the others won't have either. I'm looking forward to finding out more...

As usual, this forum is helpful and supportive, making the wait easier! :)
Thank you Candel and Ricky74. We are really excited :). Plan on calling the admissions office tomorrow to understand waiting list position for CHB. Shall post once I have an answer from them.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

calico11 wrote:I can’t beleive how nerve -wracking this wait is. This is my first child of three and I don’t know how I will muster the emotional energy to do it all again, twice! Hats off to all the folks on child 2,3 or more awaiting offers.
The only selective school we had on our CAF was Wolverhampton Girl’s High School. We also applied to Thomas Telford but DD not keen on there even if offered. If we don’t get WGHS (score was 324) we are likely going with Wolverhampton Grammar School for which we have an offer. My only big concern about the next few days is that we have to pay a non-returnable deposit for The Grammar by Friday to secure a place and if we are on or very close to the cut off score for WGHS with potential to get a place from the waiting list, do we pay the deposit anyway to be on the safe side of a school DD is happy with? Probably.
Wait for the e mail from your Local Authority and once we are aware of the cut off for WGHS we can offer more specific advice.I am not sure what if any impact on the cut off score for WGHS there will be with the introduction of pupil premium places this year at QMHS another school in the consortium.

Last year the introduction of pupil premium places at Bishops Vesey in the Birmingham consortium of schools didn't have any real noticeable impact on the cut off for non pupil premium places at the school on offers day.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Hello all
DD scored 235 and she's offered KEFW but is refused CHG. If I accept KEFW will she be off CHG's wait list? I am unaware of the process and don't want to be doing any mistake. When's the last date for accepting anything with the Local council?
Thanks for the support.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now