Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sindsky

Re: Waiting list

Post by sindsky »

Evening all - I was just wondering whether anyone had received any news regarding the WGHS waiting list? I have tried to obtain the information from the LEA and Jayne Thomas, although this has proven extremely difficult. Any ideas when or if there is likely to be some movement on this particular waiting list?
Spindle

Post by Spindle »

I haven’t heard anything yet. Have you found out your DD’s score to 2 decimal places yet Sindsky?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

sindsky wrote:Evening all - I was just wondering whether anyone had received any news regarding the WGHS waiting list? I have tried to obtain the information from the LEA and Jayne Thomas, although this has proven extremely difficult. Any ideas when or if there is likely to be some movement on this particular waiting list?
You will simply have to keep persevering.I have previously posted it can be difficult getting hold of JT as she is extremely busy.I haven't checked last years thread memory tells me it was about 3 weeks before we had some movement on the waiting list for WGHS.

It is an anxious time but it will be a good spring or summer.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

Found out that DD is 1.3 marks away I think if my maths serves me well. Ideally I would have liked the gap to be narrower - but I guess we've got to go with what we have. Spoke with Jayne Thomas finally and we should have some further information tomorrow regarding her position. I feel sick with concern and do not know who to best seek advice from regarding my options. I know there is no way I can send her to the school she has been allocated by the LEA. So I guess this means appeals? Can we appeal in more than one school? Either way part of me feels so incredibly deflated and helpless, I wish I had given her more help and support in terms of proper tuition. Oh well. :(
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

sindsky wrote:Found out that DD is 1.3 marks away I think if my maths serves me well. Ideally I would have liked the gap to be narrower - but I guess we've got to go with what we have. Spoke with Jayne Thomas finally and we should have some further information tomorrow regarding her position. I feel sick with concern and do not know who to best seek advice from regarding my options. I know there is no way I can send her to the school she has been allocated by the LEA. So I guess this means appeals? Can we appeal in more than one school? Either way part of me feels so incredibly deflated and helpless, I wish I had given her more help and support in terms of proper tuition. Oh well. :(
You can appeal for a place at any school which has turned down your application. So in the first instance, for any school you ranked above the one your DD was allocated. You may also be able to make new applications now to schools not originally on your CAF (look on your LA's website); if you do and they cannot offer a place either, you can appeal there, as well.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Spindle

Post by Spindle »

1.3 marks is pretty close, but I understand what you mean. Do you know what the actual cut off point was?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

sindsky wrote:Found out that DD is 1.3 marks away I think if my maths serves me well. Ideally I would have liked the gap to be narrower - but I guess we've got to go with what we have. Spoke with Jayne Thomas finally and we should have some further information tomorrow regarding her position. I feel sick with concern and do not know who to best seek advice from regarding my options. I know there is no way I can send her to the school she has been allocated by the LEA. So I guess this means appeals? Can we appeal in more than one school? Either way part of me feels so incredibly deflated and helpless, I wish I had given her more help and support in terms of proper tuition. Oh well. :(
I would urge you to relax .

Based on the way the waiting list has moved in the last four years I would be confident your daughter will be offered a place in due course at WGHS in the spring or summer.

What was the actual cut off to two decimal places on the 1st March and what was your daughters actual cut off ?

You will have the information on your daughters position on the waiting list hopefully tomorrow.I won't guess although I have an idea.You will be able to see yourself from the waiting list movements on the threads on this forum from the last four years as to the movements which have taken place in the past.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
wolvomommy

Post by wolvomommy »

My daughter is 36th on the WL for WGHS - does she stand a chance? Does anyone have previous years data?
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

Okay pundits - my DD is 5th on the waiting list for WGHS. What do we think quasi??
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

sindsky wrote:Okay pundits - my DD is 5th on the waiting list for WGHS. What do we think quasi??
I hope you are more relaxed now. :D

I think you will get an offer after Easter but will definitely get an offer.

No one has still obtained the cut off score to 2 decimal places from the 1st March 2018.Buried in the Admissions criteria the last admitted candidates score from the waiting list has to be within 2% of the score on the 1st March.I have checked the admissions criteria for this year and it is also there for next year when the pupil premium places come in.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now