Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sindsky

Re: Waiting list

Post by sindsky »

What are the chances now though? Surely people have accepted offers? Or are we hoping that some applicants are waiting for a birmingham school? I'm trying to stay hopeful but as we approach Easter I cannot help but feel pessimistic.
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

And I know what you mean about caving in. I try to forget but have tried to contact her everyday!
Spindle

Post by Spindle »

From what I’ve read on here, people may have accepted a place, but it’s their second choice, so they hold on to the place until they are offered a place off the waiting list for their first choice, then their place is offered to the next girl on the waiting list. I have heard of girls in previous years who’d yet to decide between Birmingham schools and WGHS at this point, and also on previous threads places have even been offered as far on as July. Stay optimistic Sindsky!
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

Thank you for the optimism Spindle! Let's see what next week brings for us both x
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

Hi Spindle and Quasi. Am I being too anxious about the W/L not moving for 2 weeks? Is this normal? I have no experience of this of course so don't know what to expect. I'd like to believe that there are parents out there waiting for a position elsewhere, although I don't feel as sure now :(
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Number to call for waiting list - 0121 415 6004
Spindle

Post by Spindle »

When did you last call Sindsky? The waiting list had moved by another 3 places when I called last week, so by my calculations (that could easily be wrong so don’t rely on them!), you would now be 2nd on the list.
qmhs2018

Post by qmhs2018 »

Sindsky,
There is a good news for you. Waiting list has been moved for WGHS. I presume you are 2nd on waiting list now as you have posted 5th so far.
Just pray 2 more for you and 17 more for us.
Thx.
sindsky

Post by sindsky »

Oh this is good news! What are the chances now for us now in light of this? Is it really likely that a few more places will become available over the next few weeks? I teach throughout the day and cannot get through to Jayne Thomas as a result. So I am relying on this forum for news x
qmhs2018

Post by qmhs2018 »

IF I were you, I would relax now until two weeks after easter. I expect you to receive an offer after two weeks of easter, if not earlier. AS you were 5th on the list(nOw 2nd), once QMHS list start to move, hopefully you will receive a place.
I have contacted Walsall council, but they said list has not been moved so far. WHGS and QMHS list will be effected by Birmingham's list as well. You know that council employees are very slow on updating the things.
If you phone Wolve council, they will say your daughter is second on the waiting list now. If one place is moved towards FiveWays or other high categorised school, I am pretty sure that your daughter will receive a place.
I am not an expert, but looking at the previous data, I can analyse that much.
SO IT@S time to relax and wait.