Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:24 am 

I am afraid it is completely off the topic of 11+ but there is such a blanket of snow this morning in Birmingham that I prefer to post this appeal on this forum. I hope the moderators do not mind!

APPEAL: Solihull, Heartlands and Good Hope Hospitals are appealing for locals with 4x4 vehicles to help transport staff during the adverse weather. If you can help, please contact the hospital switchboard on 0121 424 7564.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:26 pm 

I was in a large 7 seater 4x4 yesterday - went to collect ds1 from Medical School.
All trains were cancelled on that line. The buses I saw were either Out of Service, broken down, or precariously sliding down hills.
Before I left, I called QE Hospital to see if any staff needed a lift from my area or thereabouts - or needed a lift back out.
The receptionist was lovely but said that sadly due to insurance issues they cannot arrange this for their staff, even though she knew that some were stranded.
I felt quite sad really driving all the way there and back (driving conditions were crazy and I saw even large cars sliding around helplessly) with all those empty seats!
We saw a few people walking and asked if they wanted lifts but they didn't.
Roads are absolutely fine today, thankfully.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]