Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mash1967

Re: Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Post by Mash1967 »

Congratulation to your DD and you.
At last you can relax and enjoy the Half term.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Family wrote:
booellesmum wrote:Congratulations to your DD! Glad the wait is over for you. :D
Thanks Booellesmum. Are you waiting too?
No- DD1 went to scgsg but now sixth form at K.E, Lichfield.
DD2 in year 9 at scgsg. (She got late offer from 45th on W/L so I really like it when others get good news :D )
2018entry

Post by 2018entry »

Family wrote:Hi All

I called BCC on Friday and was told DD was offered a place by letter on 14 May. I had not received anything. So I rang Sutton and they said that they had not been told and that due to staff shortages at BCC this was common. She told me to call BCC and ask them to email the new offers.

I called BCC back, another lady answered and confirmed DD had a place. I explained Sutton had not been told. She said the admissions team were only in from 9-2 and I should call back on Monday.

I did not receive a letter in post on Saturday and decided not to tell DD until I was absolute sure offer had been received by Sutton.

I rang BCC this morning spoke a different person confirming her place and said that he would get admissions team to send email.

I received a call later today from SCGS and DD offered a place. She was 4th last Monday. Just told her and she is over the moon. :D :D I will await the paperwork from BCC and Sutton.

I would recommend that you do call more frequently if you are nearing the top of the list, as I believe had I not called, BCC would have thought they sent the letter and forgot to email the school and I may have missed out or had a longer wait.

Thank you all for your support. Good luck to those waiting. I will still be watching the lists. :D :D
Family, that's brilliant. Many congratulations to your DD.
Family

Post by Family »

booellesmum wrote:
Family wrote:
DD2 in year 9 at scgsg. (She got late offer from 45th on W/L so I really like it when others get good news :D )
Ahh that’s nice that you support those in other years. This site has been my sanity, with like minded people only wishing the best for others. Thanks everyone :D
Family

Post by Family »

booellesmum wrote:
Family wrote:
Ahh that’s nice that you support those in other years. This site has been my sanity, with like minded people only wishing the best for others. Thanks everyone :D
Family wrote:
Thanks Mash let’s hope others move up soon.
Family

Post by Family »

2018entry wrote:

I called BCC on Friday and was told DD was offered a place by letter on 14 May. I had not received anything. So I rang Sutton and they said that they had not been told and that due to staff shortages at BCC this was common. She told me to call BCC and ask them to email the new offers.

I called BCC back, another lady answered and confirmed DD had a place. I explained Sutton had not been told. She said the admissions team were only in from 9-2 and I should call back on Monday.

I did not receive a letter in post on Saturday and decided not to tell DD until I was absolute sure offer had been received by Sutton.

I rang BCC this morning spoke a different person confirming her place and said that he would get admissions team to send email.

I received a call later today from SCGS and DD offered a place. She was 4th last Monday. Just told her and she is over the moon. :D :D I will await the paperwork from BCC and Sutton.

I would recommend that you do call more frequently if you are nearing the top of the list, as I believe had I not called, BCC would have thought they sent the letter and forgot to email the school and I may have missed out or had a longer wait.

Thank you all for your support. Good luck to those waiting. I will still be watching the lists. :D :D
Family, that's brilliant. Many congratulations to your DD.
Thanks 2018, I hope you don’t have long to wait either. I think you were 19th, you should call to see where you are now as should have moved up. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Going on past scores you DD still has a good chance of getting a place, so keep your spirits up :D
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

What a rigmorol! Well done for chasing and resisting the urge to tell dd just in case. You must have been bursting inside :D

Congratulations to DD and good luck to all those waiting.
Family

Post by Family »

Ricky74 wrote:

What a rigmorol! Well done for chasing and resisting the urge to tell dd just in case. You must have been bursting inside :D

Congratulations to DD and good luck to all those waiting.
Thanks Ricky. I hope that any bit of info can help others. Received letter from Sutton yesterday, still no letter from BCC!
2018entry

Post by 2018entry »

Hello,

Spoke to BCC yesterday and DD is 15th now.

Still a way to go. fingers crossed will have another appreciable movement in the waiting list soon
Family

Post by Family »

2018entry wrote:Hello,

Spoke to BCC yesterday and DD is 15th now.

Still a way to go. fingers crossed will have another appreciable movement in the waiting list soon
Hopefully you will get there. Call after half term as they are probably waiting for people to get back. Have a nice Bank Holiday weekend :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now