Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
paulgreen

Re: Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Post by paulgreen »

Family wrote:Hi All

Just rang BCC, still stuck on 20 :|

Rang Sutton school to see if I could get any info from them. They said all dealt with by BCC. So we are in there hands. Just does seem strange that this is the only school with no movement.
HGS boys also hasnt had any movements!
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Hi all,

I am assuming KEHS, EHS and other independent girls school will be having a full cohort of students starting in September. I understand not all girls going to those schools will have sat the Birmingham and Walsall Grammar school tests but a fair amount would have with good outcomes. This surely would have released some capacity in the Birmingham grammar schools by now.
Last edited by Mash1967 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mash1967 wrote:Hi all,

I am assuming KEHS, EHS and other independent girls school will be having a full cohort of students starting in September. I understand not all girls going to those schools will have sat the Birmingham and Walsall Grammar school tests but a fair amount would have with good outcomes. This surely would have released come capacity in the Birmingham grammar schools by now.
Only if the parent actually lets the relevant body know that the state school place is no longer required.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I am assuming KEHS, EHS and other independent girls school will be having a full cohort of students starting in September. I understand not all girls going to those schools will have sat the Birmingham and Walsall Grammar school tests but a fair amount would have with good outcomes. This surely would have released come capacity in the Birmingham grammar schools by now.
Something strange is going on!

I don't think there has been any movement on CHB list (different information being given about offering over PAN this year)

FW list has moved by 41 places, which should!d have some impact on other lists, but doesn't seem to have.

A while ago someone posted that KES was taking less pupils this year, maybe that is true, so maybe that is why CHB list isn't moving as more are having to take their GS offer.

It would be good to get a definitive answer from someone.
Macmum

Post by Macmum »

My son sat for KES. I don't know if it helps but when they wrote with the outcome, they said there were 125 places for 2018 entry. I don't know how this compares to previous years.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Macmum wrote:My son sat for KES. I don't know if it helps but when they wrote with the outcome, they said there were 125 places for 2018 entry. I don't know how this compares to previous years.
Looked at KES GCSE examination results for the last 3 years. The cohort is around 120 each year.
It seems they will have the same cohort numbers as in previous years.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Hi all

Just called BCC this morning DD has moved from 15th to 14th today for SCGSG.
Another slight movement in the right direction.
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

DD has gone backwards again on the waiting list today.
I dont think it's going to happen for us :(
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Hi all,

Significant movement in the SCGSC today. DD has moved to position 5 on the waiting list. :D :D
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Significant movement in the SCGSC today. DD has moved to position 5 on the waiting list. :D :D
They must have been hoarding the information let’s hope it continues
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now