Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2018entry

Re: Sutton Coldfield Girls waiting list

Post by 2018entry »

Hi,

yes we are also on the waiting list for Sutton girls.
our DD was 33rd on the 27th Mar with a score of 216.

I was not very hopeful but seeing the movement in the waiting list I contacted the BCC office today and now DD is 19th.
we are in south Birmingham so probably the last of the 216s.
Family

Post by Family »

2018entry wrote:Hi,

I was not very hopeful but seeing the movement in the waiting list I contacted the BCC office today and now DD is 19th.
I started off on position 19 on 26 March, then went to 20, then 21, back to 20 last week. This Tuesday at 10 and 4th today. Score was 217 (last of the 2017’s) and we also live South Birmingham.

Last Year the last in take was 212. So stay positive. Although I know it is hard, there is still a few months before September, things do change.

The forum is very good and I am thankful to all who contribute as it is a support mechanism.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Family wrote:

I started off on position 19 on 26 March, then went to 20, then 21, back to 20 last week. This Tuesday at 10 and 4th today. Score was 217 (last of the 2017’s) and we also live South Birmingham.

Last Year the last in take was 212. So stay positive. Although I know it is hard, there is still a few months before September, things do change.

The forum is very good and I am thankful to all who contribute as it is a support mechanism.
Family you are not very far now.Hopefully the coming days will carry your dd across the line.Only a question of when.

The same I believe is true of 2018entry.In previous years (with the caveat there can be exceptions) the list has generally moved by 3 to 4 points and this year it has yet to move by a point.

Keep going its a marathon not a sprint.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Family

Post by Family »

quasimodo wrote:
Family wrote:

Family you are not very far now.Hopefully the coming days will carry your dd across the line.Only a question of when.

The same I believe is true of 2018entry.In previous years (with the caveat there can be exceptions) the list has generally moved by 3 to 4 points and this year it has yet to move by a point.

Keep going its a marathon not a sprint.
Thanks Quasimodo :D
Mash1967

Post by Mash1967 »

Family you are so close - Position 4. Quasimodo is right it going to happen for you.

I went to Gogna's yesterday after work and got DD a SCGSC jumper, her face just lit up. She will be getting other presents as well.

Booellesmum thank you for all your encouraging comments through my journey as well.
Family you are right this forum is wonderful, you learn so much through other parents journey.

2018entry hang in there, you will have ups and down, it might take some time but like others have said there is still 3 months to go.
Family

Post by Family »

Mash1967 wrote:Family you are so close - Position 4. Quasimodo is right it going to happen for you.

I went to Gogna's yesterday after work and got DD a SCGSC jumper, her face just lit up. She will be getting other presents as well.

Booellesmum thank you for all your encouraging comments through my journey as well.
Family you are right this forum is wonderful, you learn so much through other parents journey.

2018entry hang in there, you will have ups and down, it might take some time but like others have said there is still 3 months to go.
Hi Mash, thanks for your kind words.

Your DD’s journey has just begun and I am sure it will be an exciting one. Buying the ScGSc jumper definitely a nice touch and you will always remember the moment when you told her. I wish you and your DD all the best :D
2018entry

Post by 2018entry »

Thanks all for the encouraging words
this forum is a great support

It definitely is a marathon and we need all the help we can get
Family

Post by Family »

Hi All

I called BCC on Friday and was told DD was offered a place by letter on 14 May. I had not received anything. So I rang Sutton and they said that they had not been told and that due to staff shortages at BCC this was common. She told me to call BCC and ask them to email the new offers.

I called BCC back, another lady answered and confirmed DD had a place. I explained Sutton had not been told. She said the admissions team were only in from 9-2 and I should call back on Monday.

I did not receive a letter in post on Saturday and decided not to tell DD until I was absolute sure offer had been received by Sutton.

I rang BCC this morning spoke a different person confirming her place and said that he would get admissions team to send email.

I received a call later today from SCGS and DD offered a place. She was 4th last Monday. Just told her and she is over the moon. :D :D I will await the paperwork from BCC and Sutton.

I would recommend that you do call more frequently if you are nearing the top of the list, as I believe had I not called, BCC would have thought they sent the letter and forgot to email the school and I may have missed out or had a longer wait.

Thank you all for your support. Good luck to those waiting. I will still be watching the lists. :D :D
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

Congratulations to your DD! Glad the wait is over for you. :D
Family

Post by Family »

booellesmum wrote:Congratulations to your DD! Glad the wait is over for you. :D
Thanks Booellesmum. Are you waiting too?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now