Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: WGHS exam conditions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 am 

Ross.Jones I asked my daughter what she could remember from the hall and temp on the day. I cannot say for certain that her recall is 100% accurate but obviously it was a big day for all the girls sitting the test and I would think it reasonably accurate were it not quite different from what your daughter reported which was at the time.

My daughter said she was actually quite warm - not unpleasantly so - and was sat on the end of a row close to a radiator that was turned on. She is certain of that. She didn’t think any windows were open (she’s not certain on that point.)

She asked why I wanted to know and I said someone else had felt it was cold and she said maybe it would have been colder in the middle of the room. It would seem odd to have heating on and windows open but perhaps makes sense if they were attempting to regulate the temperature to around 18degrees as previously stated as a guideline.

If it is part of your appeal it is a shame no one got back to you at the time that you complained in October. Is your daughter close to the cut off score? Hopefully she will gain a place from the WL if so if the appeal doesn’t go your way.

Post subject: Re: WGHS exam conditions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:35 pm 

Ross, all Appeals have to be lodged by the 29th March 2018 and will be heard from the 11th June 2018.

https://www.wghs.org.uk/appeals

Abraham Lincoln