results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi Lottie

To be honest I'm not sure.

We we applied a couple of years ago I think it was the first year that they had included optional online admissions. At that time they still sent the offers out 2nd class post on the 1st March (that year) even for those who had applied online. It was only when I phoned up and asked the Admissions person that they agreed to send it immediately by email because I had applied online, but there were no specific procedures at the time.

I suspect they must have decided what the policy is by now!

best of luck

Ken
fm

Post by fm »

In Birmingham, the admissions booklet clearly states that parents will be e-mailed on the 4th March at 00:01 which is in line with what happened last year.
I don't know about Worcs.. I wouldn't recommend letting her stay up unless you are very confident about result.
lottie

Post by lottie »

Thanks for reply FM

I'm not going to 'let' her stay up, but as she has an an electric alarm oclock in her bedroom, I know form the past (more exciting occassions like her birthday or Xmas) she keeps waking herself up to Look at the time!

I have told her that even if the results come in at 12am, I will not look until the morning (I will really though, as I want to prepare myself to handle and combat her disappointment, touch wood - Hopefully it will be good news 50/50).
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi Ken R

Thanks for your response - I missed it at first and only thanked FM!! I am hiding this web site and my anxiety about the results day form our daughter, and as it's Saturday today, I have had to be very quick on the computer!

I have been a silent reader of the site for about 6 months now, and I have seen your continued support to others never waivering. You have answered many questions to individuals which many of us have benefited from!

Without sounding all American, and put simply 'Thanks' :D
lottie

We've Got Our Results in WOrc On-line

Post by lottie »

Hi All

We have had our results on line at Worc.

The pass rate for

Camphill Girls is 325

Handsworth 317

Fiveways 330

Good Luck
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Can anyone confirm if E Mails were recieved from Birmingham City Council on time last year? i.e. 00.01 on the morning of resulrs day
KenR

Post by KenR »

I just wanted to wish all of the Birmingham (and West Midlands) forum parents & contributors the best of luck for the forthcoming results. I remember what a stressful time this can be.

To those that are successful - congratulations, enjoy the next few days. It doesn't last and to coin a Churchillian phrase its only "the end of the beginning"

To those that haven't been successful with their 1st choice or any grammar, I hope you have been able to get your child into one of the many good non grammar schools in the West Midlands. It not the end of the world if your child hasn't passed the 11+; it really isn't; although it probably will feel that way for a while.

Don't forget that there are lots of registered members of the forum who will be more than happy to offer practical support and guidance to parents of both successful and unsuccessful candidates.

Best wishes and best of luck

KenR
normalmum@mo

Post by normalmum@mo »

Hi guys

My DD got into Sutton Coldfield (2nd choice), we are absolutely over the moon!!!!!!!!!!! abcdef - congrats and see you there!!!

Thanks everyone SO MUCH for all their input and knowledge.

My heart goes out to those whose news may not be so good. It has been such an incredible emotional rollercoaster but to not have the news you want at the end of it must be totally devastating.

My tears started falling even before the envelope had been opened, I think from relief from finally knowing and just being able to move forward and get on with life. Anybody else feel like this?
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

normalmum@mo
Big congrats to you and your DD.
I know exactly how you feel. Today I've cried tears of relief, of joy and of sadness for my daughter's friends who haven't got what they want.
Still thinking of those of you who are still waiting.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now