BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ds205

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by ds205 »

Harj1234 wrote:I have been watching with a broken heart my DS has been going through **** trying to understand why he wasn’t good enough to get a spot. Today was a great day getting the nod that he would be offered a place at HGS. I am lost for words it is so hard to comprehend what we go through just to see our loved ones succeed in life I hope all those who are close to 205 will also feel the happiness we do today.
Congratulations to you and your DS, Harj1234. It is a great relief after such a long wait.
ds205

Post by ds205 »

Caveman47 wrote:
kenyancowgirl wrote:Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.
I like what you've just said.

As a teacher I echo every word you've just spoken.
I echo your words. Consider Harj1234's words as excited parent's words after a long wait :) .
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

Harj1234 wrote:I have been watching with a broken heart my DS has been going through **** trying to understand why he wasn’t good enough to get a spot. Today was a great day getting the nod that he would be offered a place at HGS. I am lost for words it is so hard to comprehend what we go through just to see our loved ones succeed in life I hope all those who are close to 205 will also feel the happiness we do today.
I rejoice with you. A good step in the right direction towards success.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.
+1
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

4xround wrote:There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS
I have been following your updates 4xround, what a journey it has been, thank you for updating us. I do hope you receive the confirmation of a place, before term starts. All the best to you and your child :-)
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Fantastic news, congratulations to you all. You can finally enjoy the rest of your summer holiday.

All the best to you and your child :-)
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Congratulations!
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

helen0209 wrote:
4xround wrote:There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS
Hopefully he’ll get his place before term starts, but if not I would imagine there would be at least 2 no shows come September. All the best.
Absolutely. There's some shuffling at the start of term. Hoping though you hear something sooner as it's difficult in limbo.
4xround

Post by 4xround »

YIPEEEEEE
The wait is finally over.
We received a letter today offering DS a place at HGS. We are jumping for joy.
Clive Marks here we come.
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that has supported us on this long long journey.
Redshoes

Post by Redshoes »

4xround wrote:YIPEEEEEE
The wait is finally over.
We received a letter today offering DS a place at HGS. We are jumping for joy.
Clive Marks here we come.
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that has supported us on this long long journey.
Wonderful news - congratulations to you and your DS - happy shopping
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now