BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
helen0209

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by helen0209 »

paulgreen wrote:Our son got an offer today from KE Handsworth boys! We are so relieved. Thank you very much for all your support. I am very glad he will be going to a school with the children of fair minded parents like yourselves.
Fantastic news :D Can’t believe how slowly the list has moved this year. We haven’t received anything about Induction Day yet, just a few forms to complete regarding emergency contacts etc.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

paulgreen wrote:Our son got an offer today from KE Handsworth boys! We are so relieved. Thank you very much for all your support. I am very glad he will be going to a school with the children of fair minded parents like yourselves.
Fantastic news! So happy for you and in time for induction (and open evening on Thus?) What a chug at the end, but hope your son is one very happy boy today.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Good news! Glad it arrived in time for induction day! Good luck to all the others waiting!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Excellent news Paul, such a relief.

As others have said, pefect timing for attending inductions days etc.

Congratulations to your DS
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

That's brilliant news Paul. The planning can begin. Induction day is around the corner as well.

I bet your son is over the moon.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

helen0209 wrote:
Fantastic news :D Can’t believe how slowly the list has moved this year. We haven’t received anything about Induction Day yet, just a few forms to complete regarding emergency contacts etc.
Yeah I've not heard anything yet either.

I reckon we should hear something this week as my school will be sending out letters this week for the new year 7s. We are all preparing for induction day on the 4th.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

paulgreen- that is fabulous news, so very pleased for you and your son that it was worth the wait. Excellent stuff!
I forgot to update that I called HGS a few weeks ago to ask about the timetable for the induction day- as far as they were aware the schedule is 8:30 ish drop off, then parents meeting at 3pm. I know it’s what was already posted on here, but I needed something more formal to prove my need to escape my school at the end of the day.

Another great boy joining y7.
ds205

Post by ds205 »

Caveman47 wrote:
ds205 wrote:Hello every one, MY DS got 205. We live 1 mile away from HGS and my DS is 21st on WL for HGS. Currently my DS is offered George Dixon academy(GDA). After reading bad reviews today on GDA, I became more concerned for his place in HGS. Any comments on GDA and possibility for HGS??
ds205 I used to go to that school MANY MANY YEARS AGO!

Currently, GD is an ok school/academy. Leadership and management is good. The teaching and learning is good as well. They did go through some difficult times but it looks like things are turning around.
Thank you very much for the feedback Caveman
ds205

Post by ds205 »

helen0209 wrote: The HGS W/L is moving a lot slower this year than previous years (by around 20 places), so I’m unsure of your possibility of HGS. Hopefully Transition Day will sort out a few more places when they have no shows. All the best.
hmmm..... it is hard to digest the fact but will still wait and see;hoping for the best.
Thank you for sharing your honest opinion.
ds205

Post by ds205 »

Fantastic news!! It builds up the hopes of every one on HGS waiting list
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now