BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caveman47

Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by Caveman47 »

ds205 wrote:
Lategate wrote:In case it’s of any use- my son said there were 2 no shows in his form group today at HGS. Fingers crossed for those waiting.
My DS is 3rd on HGS. There should be last one waiting on 206.

WOW!

That's encouraging to know ds205.

My son was saying that in his form he was speaking to a few of the boys and they were asking about scores. lol

Anyway in his form class one boy got 250, another one 220, another one 208 and another one 207. So I good range of results. Fingers crossed for you but I get the feeling that you'll be shopping very soon for HGS uniform :)

All the best.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

ds205 wrote:
Lategate wrote:In case it’s of any use- my son said there were 2 no shows in his form group today at HGS. Fingers crossed for those waiting.
Wow, the list has suddenly started to move quickly! I should think your ds will get his place soon, fingers crossed!
Raych

Post by Raych »

I am dreading this next year, it doesn’t seem like there is much information in regards to girls schools movement is this the case or an I just missing it, we’re off to Camp Hill Girls tonight for open evening DD is very excited.
ds205

Post by ds205 »

Thank you crazycrofter and Caveman47. Touch wood.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Caveman47 wrote:
ds205 wrote:

WOW!

That's encouraging to know ds205.

My son was saying that in his form he was speaking to a few of the boys and they were asking about scores. lol

Anyway in his form class one boy got 250, another one 220, another one 208 and another one 207. So I good range of results. Fingers crossed for you but I get the feeling that you'll be shopping very soon for HGS uniform :)

All the best.
I was told they try to allocate kids to classes by 11 plus score, so that each class has a good range of abilities (if 11 plus marks really indicate ability! From what I remember, my son's year 7 class sounds similar. The boy who got 250 plus always gets full marks in tests - according to ds he knows everything!
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

crazycrofter:

I would rather set them randomly. The key stage 2 data is out next week and I thought that might be a good way of setting them. Then again I do know of many schools that have mixed ability classes. I guess the only way is to set them based on the 11 plus score.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Caveman47 wrote:crazycrofter:

I would rather set them randomly. The key stage 2 data is out next week and I thought that might be a good way of setting them. Then again I do know of many schools that have mixed ability classes. I guess the only way is to set them based on the 11 plus score.
Sorry if my post was confusing - they're not set as such. They use the scores to ensure that there's a similar range of abilities in each class, so all the classes are equal. They do set for Maths from year 8.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

crazycrofter wrote:

Sorry if my post was confusing - they're not set as such. They use the scores to ensure that there's a similar range of abilities in each class, so all the classes are equal. They do set for Maths from year 8.
Caveman - read page 6 of the A-Z of info you got yesterday under ‘Forms’. It says five forms of parallel ability - they are mixed ability - albeit all pretty similar, but in sets for different subjects as they progress through the school.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

helen0209 wrote:
crazycrofter wrote:

Caveman - read page 6 of the A-Z of info you got yesterday under ‘Forms’. It says five forms of parallel ability - they are mixed ability - albeit all pretty similar, but in sets for different subjects as they progress through the school.
I like the idea of “mixed ability” groupings for our DS. Especially given the smaller scope of ability in the school in comparison to a typical comp. I think it will motivate them all to achieve whilst creating an even playing field for them all to settle in to. Less daunting at being labelled according to score and certainly more motivating for them all.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

helen0209 wrote:
crazycrofter wrote:

Oh lol

I will have a look. Thanks