Adams Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tvgirl

Adams Scores

Post by tvgirl »

Hi all,

I understand that Adams are providing scores this year for the first time!

Does anyone have info about cut offs for Adams from previous years either through FOIA requests or by using info from Queen Mary’s?? With DS1 we just had to wait but I think the letter for DS2 should be arriving any day and now I know we’re getting scores I’m suddenly really nervous!

Thanks
wolvsparent

Re: Adams Scores

Post by wolvsparent »

Well that’s a bit of a turn around. I presume GDPR finally meant they didn’t have a choice!

DS1 started in Sept 2016, we happened to sit the test at QMGS and so found out his score. He did very well, 350+ so does not help with cut off, but that year I remember the only information on this forum was a 330 that got a place, and a 310 which was offered a boarding place (so assume this might have been the in-catchment cutoff?)

I think last year it was somewhere around 325.

Good luck to your DS, we are also waiting for DS2 and took the exam again at QMGS to get the score. Were they being posted out second class on 16th?
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Thanks. Sounds like our two DS’s are the same age! In fact I remember your user name from the first time around when I was a bit more active on here...

Ours both sat the exam at Adams so I never had to think about scores until today when I realised we’d get them!

Not sure exactly when we’ll receive them but am guessing it could be any day now...
jjstaffs

Post by jjstaffs »

Adams scores being posted out today.
tvgirl

Post by tvgirl »

Our letter arrived today!!!

Hope everyone got the scores they wanted.

What would you consider to be a ‘safe’ score? I think we’re okay but not sure so just wondering what score the more experienced posters would feel secure about, if you see what I mean?
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

tvgirl wrote:Our letter arrived today!!!

What would you consider to be a ‘safe’ score? I think we’re okay but not sure so just wondering what score the more experienced posters would feel secure about, if you see what I mean?
Glad the wait is over for you in the short term.. a safe score depends on which a school you are looking at. Adams have not issued scores to parents in previous years, so that is unknown really. The only indication of scores has been for those who expressed an interest in QMGS at the time of applying for the exam.

The only experience I have is of QMGS last year, DS scored 328, previous year cut off 324, we thought it was borderline but possible. DS didn’t get a place. As of 1st March he was 61st on the waiting list, he moved up to 50 something but the list didn’t seem to move massively.
It’s unknown, well done to your DC, it’s a weird experience. I would look at all of hour options now to form a “bullet-proof” plan- which GS schools you prefer, plus a comp your DC stands an extremely good chance of getting into, that you would be happy with. Then get around the schools for open events. I had to request time off work to do this, I am so very glad I did as DS is now at HGS, which we intially dismissed. BV and KEA were also
options, but having tried out the journey/looked at the green bus timetable, we were happier with HGS. Look at each option as a positive potential, go with an open mind, and look at journey planners/green bus routes too.
Well done and good luck!
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

Ours doesn’t look like it’s coming today :( .

I’d say 330+ was safe, 225-229 for OOA might be a bit nail bitey!

Tvgirl congrats, glad you’re happy with the score.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

tvgirl wrote:Our letter arrived today!!!

Have seen on here that Adams offered 317 last year so significantly lower than QMGS. Hope you have good news.
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

I’ve been looking back at last year’s points/allocations as i’m sure there’s some posts about Adams. 317 did not get a place on offers day. I would search the forum for AGS and see what pops up.
jjstaffs

Post by jjstaffs »

Received results letter from Adams today.
They have given scores in the letter.
They advise to apply if 300 plus for Adams and 305 plus QMB.
DS scored 343 so should be OK for Adams.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now