September 2018 anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caveman47

Re: September 2018 anyone?

Post by Caveman47 »

Maybe try an app. We downloaded an synonyms and antonyms app which worked a treat. Fun and engaging. Plus I learnt a lot as well. Lol
PoppyPup

Post by PoppyPup »

Hi,

We’re also sitting the exam Sept 2018,well my daughter is.

It’s been good to read everyone’s posts.

It does feel like times going so fast and Sept will be here in no time.
Plodding away at it the best we can.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Inner Chimp wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:Which area are you in Inner?
Halesowen which makes travelling to Walsall too far
Hmm see what you mean - the best I could suggest would be the Green Bus to Harborne and then Harborne to Halesowen unfortunately. What's your best route to Sutton? Looks like Handsworth would be the best, transport wise.
pinkmum

Post by pinkmum »

It's our third time around. Doesn't get any easier, if anything stakes are higher as older DD both achieved places.

DD has a tutor for an hour once a week plus homework which we started at the beginning of year 5. We are encouraging her to read broadly, she has always enjoyed short factual books but we have been encouraging fiction as well. She is another fan of Timetable Rockstars.
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Registered my DS for the test. It seems very real now! :shock:
Candel

Post by Candel »

Oh yes! I'd forgotten about registering. Thanks for the reminder bewildered. :)
bewilderedofbearwood

Candel wrote:Oh yes! I'd forgotten about registering. Thanks for the reminder bewildered. :)
I was trying to avoid having stress dreams about forgetting to register! Unfortunately that just meant I had a stress dream about having to register via my primary school office and them losing the paperwork. I need to get a life :lol:
Candel

Post by Candel »

bewilderedofbearwood wrote:
Candel wrote:Oh yes! I'd forgotten about registering. Thanks for the reminder bewildered. :)
I was trying to avoid having stress dreams about forgetting to register! Unfortunately that just meant I had a stress dream about having to register via my primary school office and them losing the paperwork. I need to get a life :lol:
That was me last year! :lol:
I had an alert on my phone on may1st to remind me to register. I was in the same position as you then too, first time 11+ with ds and we had no decent plan B.

This year I suppose I'm a (just a little) bit more relaxed because dd does have an alternative decent comp option. She is very keen to join her brother though, so we are giving it a good go. I don't want her to get stressed about it all but I also want her to know that I've put in the same effort with her as I did with ds. Always a balancing act!
bewilderedofbearwood

Glad to know it is not just me!! I can see that going through the process with a second child brings its own type of pressure.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Second time round did seem more stressful, especially as DS1 was at FW and we wanted DD1 to join him.

I think she felt that stress too and the need to perform as well as her brother or better.

As it turned out they both got exactly the same score and are both at FW (although DS1 finished today for GCSE study leave - more stress :? )

Will be doing it again with DS2 in 2 years time and DD2 in 6 years time :?