September 2018 anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lategate

Re: September 2018 anyone?

Post by Lategate »

I just wanted to echo quasimodo’s good luck message to all sitting the Walsall, Wolves and Wrekin on Monday. Hope you are relaxing this weekend as much as you can. We were there this time last year, and know that whatever the outcome, the children are so brave for siting these tests.
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

All done now have to say mine found both the king Edwards and Walsall hard more so the Walsall which I thought she would have found easier. Anyone else have this experience? She was pushed for time on both
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

I'm glad it's all over, but sorry it's a worry.

I can only speak for our experience 2 years ago. Mine found the Birmingham test harder, I think because they are maths types and I've gathered Walsall's more weighted to maths.

What I would say is that some of it is perception. There were parents we knew who said how easy their son had found it (they didn't 'pass') and others who said it was hard (their son passed).

I have twins. The one who thought it was harder got a much higher score in Walsall- by 36 marks!

Easy to say but try not to worry. Your daughter should be proud of all she has achieved. It's so hard to say at this point because you just won't know.

I think time is a factor for most sitters. I'd say it was the biggest challenge for one who was scared of running out of time so rushed his answers!

Again, I can only speak for our year. Hopefully some of this year's sitters can shed light on those tests.

But please don't worry, everybody did their best.
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Thanks Ricky I shall try not to worry I was just surprised she found it harder than Birmingham. Not sure how you coped with twins! Double the stress.
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Hello everyone. I hope things went well for the DCs doing the Walsall test.

I am finding the waiting really hard. DS found the NVR sections in the Birmingham Test very time pressured and had to guess lots. I keep driving myself mad trying to estimate his error rates for the other sections - a completely pointless exercise and yet I keep getting drawn back to it. :roll:

Trying to figure out the non-grammar choices for our CAF but it's hard to get motivated. If anyone has any insight into the secondary schools in Smethwick or Oldbury I would love to hear from you!
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

bewilderedofbearwood wrote:Hello everyone. I hope things went well for the DCs doing the Walsall test.

I am finding the waiting really hard. DS found the NVR sections in the Birmingham Test very time pressured and had to guess lots. I keep driving myself mad trying to estimate his error rates for the other sections - a completely pointless exercise and yet I keep getting drawn back to it. :roll:

Trying to figure out the non-grammar choices for our CAF but it's hard to get motivated. If anyone has any insight into the secondary schools in Smethwick or Oldbury I would love to hear from you!
You sound just like me it’s so difficult I keep repeating everything in my mind and I know logically it’s done but still ...role on 12th

As for schools I hear good things for q3 Langley and bristnall Hall
bewilderedofbearwood

Thanks Inner Chimp!
I liked Bristnall but I think we are out of range for Q3 Langley
halsea

Post by halsea »

Less than a month to go! :)
bewilderedofbearwood

The last month before the test seemed to go very quickly. So far that certainly hasn't been the case with the results.
Ah well.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now