Uniform

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mids

Re: Uniform

Post by Mids »

Hi ya Um

Totally agree on opening times - not handy! The sizing is odd and rugby shorts come up a couple of sizes smaller than the pe shorts.

My honest opinion is you'll need to visit unless you can purchase a couple of sizes and easily return them?

We went to the shop and it took about an hour to get sorted out. Tried on several sizes.

Good luck!
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Just to say that the Kings Heath Clive Mark *is* still open - went there today and emptied my purse.

Rather disappointed that they don't keep all sizes of shorts available to try on so we had to take a punt on the size of the rugby shorts. If we made the wrong decision, there could be some embarrassing scenes for my lad when being tackled by having his shorts yanked...
Mids

Post by Mids »

The brand for BV is under armour. If Clive Marks stock it for another school you could try it on and then online order from the maude sport people in Aldridge? Clive Marks don't sell BV sport stuff.
I wonder if there are other stockists of that brand though??

Off to Google.....
Mids

Post by Mids »

Boundary Sports
206 Station Rd
Birmingham, B147TE
Sun Open - 5:00 PM
Mon Open - 7:00 PM
Tue Open - 7:00 PM
Wed Open - 7:00 PM
Thu Open - 7:00 PM
Fri Open - 7:00 PM
Sat Open - 7:00 PM

There is this one... Or if not Google under armour and their website has stockists by location. Worth a punt maybe??
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If the other Under Armour stockists don't supply the uniform for this particular school, they might not be wildly keen on letting people just try things on, though?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
um

Post by um »

ToadMum wrote:
um wrote:I've not been able to get any Bishop Vesey sports kit at all yet.

Went to Clive Marks in Sutton Coldfield back in May for the uniform, then realised that Maudesport - the separate shop for the sports kit - was over another half hour drive from there, and decided to leave it for another day - a day which has not yet happened unfortunately.
It's about an hour's drive from us (over 2 hours by public transport) which seems pretty far to get uniform.
It also shuts very early at 430pm weekdays, and 1pm Saturdays - and is closed Sunday.
Husband and I are working, kids are at a science camp next week, so looks like instead of having a day out with visiting relatives next Saturday, we will have to spend the day travelling to Walsall to buy the sports kit, as otherwise it may be too late :(

I tried their website and could not find any BV kit on there at all. It does say they do delivery for £5.99...but I cannot find what to order.
Tried calling them but it goes to an automated service - so just left a message.
Tried email too.
http://www.maudesport.com/bvgs_year_7_bundle?

If this is what you need, looking on the bright side, at least it falls into the 'free postage' category :shock:

(Unless this is just 'team' stuff? The 'Year 7 bundle' bit makes it look like required uniform, though?).
Wow that is so helpful - thank you!! Both dh and I searched the website in the hope of finding this and could not - we still have not been as we had guests for the past few days, but I now have some hope we can try and order online. Have had no response to the phone messages to the automated number!
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

um wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
um wrote:I've not been able to get any Bishop Vesey sports kit at all yet.

Went to Clive Marks in Sutton Coldfield back in May for the uniform, then realised that Maudesport - the separate shop for the sports kit - was over another half hour drive from there, and decided to leave it for another day - a day which has not yet happened unfortunately.
It's about an hour's drive from us (over 2 hours by public transport) which seems pretty far to get uniform.
It also shuts very early at 430pm weekdays, and 1pm Saturdays - and is closed Sunday.
Husband and I are working, kids are at a science camp next week, so looks like instead of having a day out with visiting relatives next Saturday, we will have to spend the day travelling to Walsall to buy the sports kit, as otherwise it may be too late :(

I tried their website and could not find any BV kit on there at all. It does say they do delivery for £5.99...but I cannot find what to order.
Tried calling them but it goes to an automated service - so just left a message.
Tried email too.
http://www.maudesport.com/bvgs_year_7_bundle?

If this is what you need, looking on the bright side, at least it falls into the 'free postage' category :shock:

(Unless this is just 'team' stuff? The 'Year 7 bundle' bit makes it look like required uniform, though?).
Wow that is so helpful - thank you!! Both dh and I searched the website in the hope of finding this and could not - we still have not been as we had guests for the past few days, but I now have some hope we can try and order online. Have had no response to the phone messages to the automated number!
That really us quite poor. My DS is at bv and we've had similar issues with their opening hours. If you need something out of holiday time it's a struggle as they come home late from school and plays sports most weekends. They have been helpful to me when I've called before though. The offices stay open later than the shop and they've opened up the shop before when we knew we may be a little late. I really would try and pop there if you can as I agree sizes are a bit off.
um

Post by um »

Dh went down with ds and returned about £150 lighter, with a small bag of a few items :shock:
Hadn't even bought the mouth guard :lol:
I can only hope they give some of the profit to the school!
It was far more expensive than the general uniform/blazer etc from Clive Marks.
There is one pair of shorts that we were told were needed but could not be supplied until mid September so will have to buy ds a cheap pair of black shorts to tide him over until this parcel of £30 shorts does arrive!
At least that's one thing done! Dh got stuck in traffic on the way back so it took nearly two hours (he's also not the best at following satnav but I did express sympathy :wink: )
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

um wrote:Dh went down with ds and returned about £150 lighter, with a small bag of a few items :shock:
Hadn't even bought the mouth guard :lol:
I can only hope they give some of the profit to the school!
It was far more expensive than the general uniform/blazer etc from Clive Marks.
There is one pair of shorts that we were told were needed but could not be supplied until mid September so will have to buy ds a cheap pair of black shorts to tide him over until this parcel of £30 shorts does arrive!
At least that's one thing done! Dh got stuck in traffic on the way back so it took nearly two hours (he's also not the best at following satnav but I did express sympathy :wink: )
My recent experience of following Satnav in Birmingham left me considering splashing out on an upgrade - mine is a 'plumbed in' system and twice in three days it left me with my little arrow hovering in thin air, so to speak, due to the road I thought it was telling me to follow obviously not having been there back in 2010 :shock: .

At least this time I managed not to let it take me through the centre of Northampton on my way home to Essex. That is something I had never even considered putting on my bucket list, but it's definitely something to be struck off it now :roll: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now