Summer activity weeks at KEFW

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bewilderedofbearwood

Summer activity weeks at KEFW

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Hello all. I am currently contemplating the summer holidays and the challenge of juggling of childcare with annual leave stretched rather thin. Does anyone have experience of the activity weeks run at KEFW?
https://view.publitas.com/king-edward-v ... 1-6/page/1
They are doing an investigating science and ICT week that looks interesting but I wouldn't want it to be too much like school!

DS (currently in year 5) has done some "Mad Science" days before but other than that he has tended to only go for sports camps at his junior school. I have also been looking at the Ultimate Activity Camps at KEHS.

Any experiences or recommendations would be very welcome.
Thanks
porcorosso

Re: Summer activity weeks at KEFW

Post by porcorosso »

Hi there,

DD has done the Saturday classes at FW and thoroughly enjoyed them. No experience of the Ultimate activity camps but I imagine that they are very similar to Kings Camp held at Blue Coat school which she has attends during school hols. They have a huge amount of activities on offer and the kids are grouped by age. HTH.
Manon

Post by Manon »

DS has done the Ultimate Activity camps at KEHS for the last four years or so and really enjoyed them. There are a lot of sporty activities including swimming and also craft/cooking etc. You can pay with childcare vouchers too which is handy.

I think they take them until about 13 or 14 and they are grouped by age. If you let them know you have a friend going they will try and put you in the same group if you ask. DS says there aren't a lot beyond Year 6 - he is now Year 7 and wants to do something different.

Academies of Sport also run netball, hockey and dance academies at KEHS. DS did the hockey one last year and again, really enjoyed it. The day is shorter than Ultimate Activity though and I think they only run each academy once during the holidays. DS did comment that the children there seem to be older overall and he would be happy to do that again this year.

Last summer, DS met someone who was going to be starting at the same school in the September. None of his friends (or anyone else!) from his old school were going so it was nice for him to know there would be one vaguely familiar face on the first morning.

Manon
bewilderedofbearwood

Post by bewilderedofbearwood »

Thanks Porcorosso and Manon. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now