Is the 11+ exam always the same time on the Saturday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

halsea

Is the 11+ exam always the same time on the Saturday?

Post by halsea »

I'm aware thousands of children are applying to the Birmingham Grammar schools. Is the exam thats held at lots of locations, at the same time or are there morning and afternoon exams?
helen0209

Re: Is the 11+ exam always the same time on the Saturday?

Post by helen0209 »

halsea wrote:I'm aware thousands of children are applying to the Birmingham Grammar schools. Is the exam thats held at lots of locations, at the same time or are there morning and afternoon exams?
Generally speaking it is the same time at a number of different locations. However, I know Warwickshire sit the same exam, but have been known to have different days and times, probably because of the sheer numbers sitting and needing the extra spaces. This is why it is imperative that you do not divulge any content to anyone as they may not have sat the exam. The paper is also used for late sitters / people moving to the area / those who were unable to attend on that day etc.

Edited to add that the Walsall / Wolverhampton exam does have a morning and afternoon sitting on the same day.
halsea

Post by halsea »

Thank you Helen, I'm hoping its a morning exam as my DD is like me and not so good in the afternoon.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Warwickshire have a problem finding schools willing to let them use their premises form the exams, hence the reason they do exams on the Saturday and Sunday.

We live near Shirley, as we are Stratford council, we had to apply through warks for 11+. My DD had to sit her exam at Coleshill School, a 30 minute trip down the motorway!!