Wishing you all good luck on Saturday 8 Sept 2018!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Knitfaststaywarm

Re: Wishing you all good luck on Saturday 8 Sept 2018!

Post by Knitfaststaywarm »

Thank you - and good luck to everyone. We're also glad it's all nearly over!
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

All the best to all of you and your children!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

I had to work out by a process of elimination that these good luck messages are for the Birmingham consortium exams.

Good luck also to the those sitting the main Walsall,Wolverhampton consortium exams which I understand this year are on Monday 17th September 2018 and also to those sitting on the additional day or days.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Macmum

Post by Macmum »

Good luck to everyone’s DC for the upcoming tests! It’ll soon be over with (the tests at least).
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

DS2 takes the exam tomorrow - his sister scored 179 and last year got 5 A's and 5 A*'s in her GCSE exams. Her journey is well documented elsewhere on this forum. So, in the end, all our children will succeed if they work hard. Good Luck!
Jazz-UK

Post by Jazz-UK »

I've read a number of other members in the past say "it doesn't get any easier" when talking about there second/third child studying for the 11 plus, and I'm sitting here agreeing :shock:

Good luck everyone :D
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Jazz-UK wrote:I've read a number of other members in the past say "it doesn't get any easier" when talking about there second/third child studying for the 11 plus, and I'm sitting here agreeing :shock:

You're absolutely right. I am on this journey with DS3. Whereas, I have had a more lenient approach this time (I have had a lot to contend with on a personal level these last 6 months (a new baby also!) so I've hardly been on the forum. DS has felt the pressure immensely in having 2 older brothers who are both at King Edwards.

I want to see how this pans out as I know he has done a lot less than his siblings in terms of prep. He came out and said it was OK and nothing appeared that he had not seen before.

He will also be sitting the Walsall exam on the 17th and KES in October. Older DS is at KES and DS2 is at Five ways.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

bluejay wrote:
Jazz-UK wrote:I've read a number of other members in the past say "it doesn't get any easier" when talking about there second/third child studying for the 11 plus, and I'm sitting here agreeing :shock:

You're absolutely right. I am on this journey with DS3. Whereas, I have had a more lenient approach this time (I have had a lot to contend with on a personal level these last 6 months (a new baby also!) so I've hardly been on the forum. DS has felt the pressure immensely in having 2 older brothers who are both at King Edwards.

I want to see how this pans out as I know he has done a lot less than his siblings in terms of prep. He came out and said it was OK and nothing appeared that he had not seen before.

He will also be sitting the Walsall exam on the 17th and KES in October. Older DS is at KES and DS2 is at Five ways.
Congratulations on your new baby bluejay. I can't even imagine, going through this process with my younger children. Well done for staying sane. A star for you ☆.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now