The content of today's test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

The content of today's test

Post by um »

Just a reminder that parents should not post nor ask questions on the content of today's test.

Some children in Warks are doing exactly the same test, tomorrow, and late tests are held through the year for children who were ill/had other extenuating circumstances today.

If you receive PMs asking for test content, please treat these with caution!

I will discuss possible dates after which we can discuss test content, with the other mods.

For those parents looking to prepare effectively for next year's exam, I'd continue to recommend using materials and books labelled as suitable for CEM.
kenyancowgirl

Re: The content of today's test

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Remember that the test can and will be used right up until August next year for people moving into the area who want to apply to GS. Although this number is very small, it is still important to try and maintain a level playing field as they will jump to the top of any waiting list if they have a higher score. I wouldn't advise discussing specific content until this time next year!
KenR

Post by KenR »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Remember that the test can and will be used right up until August next year for people moving into the area who want to apply to GS. Although this number is very small, it is still important to try and maintain a level playing field as they will jump to the top of any waiting list if they have a higher score. I wouldn't advise discussing specific content until this time next year!
This changed from last year - in theory they can be used up till Christmas in the following year according to the KE Foundation
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

However I am not sure that stands for Warwickshire who, I believe still use the test up until next year - and it is the same test as Bham.
KenR

Post by KenR »

kenyancowgirl wrote:However I am not sure that stands for Warwickshire who, I believe still use the test up until next year - and it is the same test as Bham.
I've just edited my posting, it was meant to say Christmas in the year following the Sept exam - so for this Sept 2018 that means Dec 2019

Last year I had formal correspondence from the KE Foundation confirming this:-
Generally, the test is not used after September, however, in theory it could be. The new waiting list does not start until January 2018 [note: the Foundation was referring to the Sept 2017 exam]and therefore the test could still be used in the Autumn term until the end of December.
As it's the same test as Warks they will obviously have compared notes
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Thank you....I thought for a moment how nuts that was if they were using the same test but different rules!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now