QMGS results letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kathb

QMGS results letter

Post by kathb »

Hi

Is Queen Mary's Grammar school still sending scores in the results letter?

Thanks in advance
Macmum

Re: QMGS results letter

Post by Macmum »

Hi Kathb

Our son sat last year and his score WAS given within the results letter.

Hope that helps.
Secondtimeround

Post by Secondtimeround »

Does anyone know a specific result date for QM as it just says October on their website still?
Macmum

Post by Macmum »

Hi

Last year, I think they said ‘around’ the 16th of October, but we actually received them on Friday the 13th!
savwalker

Post by savwalker »

Hi, my son has taken both the Birmingham and Walsall exams.

I saw on the Walsall leaflet that the results will be posted out week commencing 15th October. I'll post a link, it's on the second page on the far right under 'results'.

http://www.qmgs.walsall.sch.uk/_content ... eaflet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kathb

Post by kathb »

Great thanks. Hopefully the same again this year.

Adams doesn't provide a score they stopped it a few years ago, the year my eldest sat the exam.
Luckily we had specified QMGS too so we knew his score, I was hoping for the same again this time.

Thanks again.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

On the website, on the admissions page you had to fill in, it explained that Adams would not give out scores. It also further said that “results” letters from the boys’ schools would only come from the school the boy took the test in. Therefore, if you sat at Queen Mary’s then you will get a letter with the score, if you sat at Adams, only a “strongly recommend/not suitable” letter.

This is not the same for the 3 girls’ schools who will continue to send out individual letters for all schools you opted an interest for.

We chose to sit the test at Queen Mary’s (even though oldest son is at Adams’) because of this. Couldn’t face another 4 1/2 months of nail biting, especially as it seems Adams’ give out “strongly recommend” letters way below what realistically is the expected cutoff, presumably around the 300 mark, which was the mark quoted as suitable for grammar education on my first sons letter off Queen Mary’s.
Last edited by wolvsparent on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secondtimeround

Post by Secondtimeround »

Okay thank you, so KE and QM we should receive the results letters pretty much at the same time hopefully. The more time is going on i am now actually feeling slightly :? anxious.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now