KES Exam 2019 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Skylark

Re: KES Exam 2019 Entry

Post by Skylark »

Bluejay, same sentiments. We are so pleased it's done with.

My son came out feeling 50/50. He said he is happy it's done with and felt it went okay - he ran out of time for the comprehension and did not finish it all. For creative writing he tried his best and that's all that matters. He said it was not as terrible as he thought it would be. He found that A and B was manageable and answer it all - C section did not manage to finish the last few questions. He said VR was fine and managed to answer. It sounds similar to your son Bluejay. As Halsea has said, hopefully what they answered they did it well and well enough to secure a place. The waiting game is a tiring one - 7th of December for the results seem like an eternity.

At least there is this weeks result to anticipate.
halsea

Post by halsea »

Skylark it sounds like your son did well if he got through all of that, normally my daughter switches off in comprehension, info re content removed by moderator :) My concern is how she will cope if she doesn't get the results that she wants. She is comparing herself to me and I was given special dispensation to sit the 11+ a year early in yr 4 and won a full scholarship. This has been such a tough situation as family, most friends and even my husband wasn't keen on her applying and what if I have set her up for a massive confidence knock :(
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

halsea wrote:She is comparing herself to me and I was given special dispensation to sit the 11+ a year early in yr 4 and won a full scholarship.
Wow...Well Done to you.

I am sure your guidance and dedication will reap the rewards for your DD.
halsea

Post by halsea »

I did no prep for mine, I just loved reading everything and anything.

Bluejay because she is one of the youngest in her year, we didn't realise until about 3 months before the exams when it all was and so no I'm a bad mum who has tried to quickly help my daughter in the little time left. I think because I feel guilty that she hasn't been prepping like some for a year or more, I feel that I have let her down. I wish her school had even just mentioned it was on the horizon.
Raych

Post by Raych »

Hi my daughter sat KeHS Friday and said it was better than she expected, did the girls exam have sections A,B,C maths, as she has said there were only section A,B now I’m thinking she missed whole section this is our first choice School and I didn’t realise the competition for places
halsea

Post by halsea »

Raych in a booklet we didn't get it was meant to have sad section C was just for scholarship girls? That's what a friend said. I've no idea as my DD only did half
Raych

Post by Raych »

My daughter finished the maths, I asked about sections and she said there was in A and B I think I might call to confirm tomorrow
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

halsea wrote:Skylark it sounds like your son did well if he got through all of that, normally my daughter switches off in comprehension, info re content removed by moderator :) My concern is how she will cope if she doesn't get the results that she wants. She is comparing herself to me and I was given special dispensation to sit the 11+ a year early in yr 4 and won a full scholarship. This has been such a tough situation as family, most friends and even my husband wasn't keen on her applying and what if I have set her up for a massive confidence knock :(
Thank you Halsea, all will become clear on results day - until then we can only hope and pray it all went well for them. :D

Sounds like you did well in your secondary education. I'm sure your daughter wants to make you proud. But no matter what, it's good to stay optimistic about it all and reassure them.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Raych wrote:My daughter finished the maths, I asked about sections and she said there was in A and B I think I might call to confirm tomorrow
Raych, well done to your daughter for finishing her exam :). It will all work out one way or the other. Just a long wait!

Did you manage to find out if there was a section C in her maths?
halsea

Post by halsea »

Thanks Skylark, she described what she did in depth in the other sections, so hopefully those will help pull up her score. No sadly my parents couldn't afford the transport/uniform costs of my scholarship place and so I turned it down and had to go to a mainstream school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now