When do we get results for KEHS please
halsea

Re: KES Exam 2019 Entry

Post by halsea »

Raych by the 1st of Dec I was told
lakings1900

Post by lakings1900 »

Anyone heard from KES regarding interviews?
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

lakings1900 wrote:Anyone heard from KES regarding interviews?
Lakings1900, the interviews will be held between the 5th until 30th of November. I doubt they will contact anyone in October.

All the best.

Edited to correct the date for the interviews.
Last edited by Skylark on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

Do you think KES have access to the Grammar School results - I suspect they do but do they factor them into their offer decision making process? Just a thought...after all it is a good measure of a child's ability...
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

AK loving Dad wrote:Do you think KES have access to the Grammar School results - I suspect they do but do they factor them into their offer decision making process? Just a thought...after all it is a good measure of a child's ability...
I don't think they'd use them to make decisions about ability; their own exam(s) do that much better than a multiple choice exam under time pressure, with all the potential for getting out of sync on the answer booklet!

I did wonder whether they referred to them to try to work out whether their offers would be accepted - e.g. offer to someone who's really impressed them but has quite a low score on 11 plus, on the assumption that they're more likely to accept! But I doubt they do that. In my daughter's year at KEHS there seemed to be a whole range of 11 plus scores from the early teens up to the very top marks.
lakings1900

Post by lakings1900 »

If they do use the scores from the 11+ I would assume it would be only to offer scholarships to the very top candidate as they would know which would need a sweeter to go to KES for those who scored well in both as opposed to those who it will be there only first choice.

I know our school had been asked for school reports prior to the exam.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

How would they get the results of the 11+? Seriously? With GDPR tightening up on everything, unless a parent specifically gave permission, that would be a complete and utter no no!!!!

Even the primary state schools do NOT get 11+ result information in this area - as a parent you have to tell them (if you choose) what your child scored. i suspect that KES may well be told by various parents that their child has scored x in the 11+ in the hope that this sways some influence over a scholarship offer, or a place, but I would be horrified if they were sent the results by CEM!!!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

crazycrofter wrote: If they do use the scores from the 11+ I would assume it would be only to offer scholarships to the very top candidate as they would know which would need a sweeter to go to KES for those who scored well in both as opposed to those who it will be there only first choice.
I really do not get the impression that KES offer places like that. I know many children that have excelled in the grammars and have not been offered a scholarship/AP from KES. I also know they do not automatically give preference to siblings as again DS1 has confirmed that many of his friends have siblings that failed to get a place.

KES are extremely fair. Their exam is completely different from the grammars and they know exactly what they are looking for.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I doubt either KES or KEHS would be influenced by 11+ results even if they had access to them (which they won't - as already stated that would be a flagrant breach of data protection law). The 11+ and the entrance exams are looking for different things and it isn't a given that a child that does well in one will do well in the other. It's not uncommon to get a GS offer but not a KES/KEHS offer and vice versa.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now