KES Exam 2019 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rooroo

Re: KES Exam 2019 Entry

Post by Rooroo »

Congratulations to your DS bluejay.

Well come March I guess you'll have your answer but at least you have choices now.

I'm sure all of our children will do amazing wherever they end up, with parents who are invested in their future.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

And I would also be very happy to hear that a child who had just missed out on a grammar place would be offered an AP place for KES.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

That’s an interesting theory but unless anyone knows lots of people offered APs over the years, we’ll probably never know if it’s true! I know my dd and my friend’s daughter both got APs with grammar scores less than 220. It does suggest that the 11 plus test isn’t that reliable as an indicator of ability or KES/KEHS wouldn’t be so interested in the lower scorers!

Sorry your son has missed out Rooroo but at least you have other good options :) And you may need an AP at KES for one of your younger children if the catchment areas come in so might be for the best!
lakings1900

Post by lakings1900 »

It's a no for our DS, but we are more than happy with our safe fall back option. Good luck all and speak to some of you in a couple of years when DS2 starts the journey.
Mum2017

Post by Mum2017 »

Hello did not receive any post so far did KES let every one whether they get a place or not
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Yes they said they would let you know by the 7th so I would call them if you have nothing today.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Well, bad news and good news. It's a no for AP place, but was offered a few paying one - had we been able to pay. Gutted for him, as this school was his first choice. Let's see what the outcome is for March.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Rooroo wrote:Just received a letter that they are unable to offer my DS an assisted place. Off to grammar school for my boy in September then :D

Good luck everyone else.
Aaaw sorry to hear that Rooroo, we got our results yesterday too, but felt too disappointed to come and post anything until today.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

bluejay wrote:Sorry to hear that Rooroo.

I have stayed off posting on the forum as it is obviously 'public' and I have heard in the past that KES do look at it. I was worried that it may influence their decisions. Also as some parents ticked the 'share' box I was concerned that they may look to see if you're on a safe grammar score and not offer you an AP and instead give an equally smart and able child who did well in this exam, an opportunity.

I know of a few other children who have had borderline grammar scores but been offered AP's at KES. I recall someone posted their daughter had missed the grammar scores but were offered an AP at KEHS.

My DS does not qualify for the AP and so we were waiting for the letter today. He received the 'big' envelope which was a give away - so I am delighted to say he has been offered a fee paying place.

We need to return the forms by Friday 15th March at the latest along with a deposit.

It will all depend on whether he is has done enough to get in KEFW.
Congratulations Bluejay, fantastic news that you got what you wanted. :D
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Mum2017 wrote:Hello did not receive any post so far did KES let every one whether they get a place or not
All the best, hope you have received good news by now.