Last scores and waiting list movement for the 2018 cohort

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

N4D5

Re: Last scores and waiting list movement for the 2018 cohor

Post by N4D5 »

We received out daughters yesterday, letter dated 10th October. Hope that helps.

PS. First post here, wonder if someone could confirm on a score of 239 - Is it safe to say she would be g'teed a spot in any of her choices, preferably her first choice Handsworth for Girls.

Thanks in advance.
Nad
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

N4D5 wrote:We received out daughters yesterday, letter dated 10th October. Hope that helps.

PS. First post here, wonder if someone could confirm on a score of 239 - Is it safe to say she would be g'teed a spot in any of her choices, preferably her first choice Handsworth for Girls.

Thanks in advance.
Nad
Welcome Nad,

Your dd will be fine applying for any of the Birmingham grammars for which she is eligible.I hope she enjoys her time at KE Handsworth.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
N4D5

Post by N4D5 »

Excellent and thank you for quick reply.
Nad

quasimodo wrote:
N4D5 wrote:We received out daughters yesterday, letter dated 10th October. Hope that helps.

Thanks in advance.
Nad
Welcome Nad,

Your dd will be fine applying for any of the Birmingham grammars for which she is eligible.I hope she enjoys her time at KE Handsworth.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

I have emailed the foundation office, with regards to KECH boys and last year's waiting list.
Three offers were made from the waiting list and the last boy to be offered a place scored 241. This offer was made in June 2018.

Hopefully this will give other parents an idea - whether to apply or not. All the best!
MEDIC

Post by MEDIC »

Yes we got the results yesterday and some parent received them today. Figuring out how to rank the choices.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

MEDIC wrote:Yes we got the results yesterday and some parent received them today. Figuring out how to rank the choices.

Rank them in your genuine order of preference.
en123

Post by en123 »

We received our letter Yesterday

We are not sure what to do, our son score 219, but his first choice is KEFW
What should we do?

Thanks in advance
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

en123 wrote:We received our letter Yesterday

What should we do?

Thanks in advance
I’m afraid he won’t get FW (unless he is pupil premium?) but Handsworth boys is a definite and he’s in with a chance of Aston and/or Bishop Vesey, probably off th waiting list.

Are any of these feasible for you? They will probably have open mornings (by appointment) next week.
en123

Post by en123 »

Thanks, We will go to the open morning For KE Aston on Monday. But the other ones are too far for us.
We are in Halesowen.

Thanks again.

crazycrofter wrote:
en123 wrote:We received our letter Yesterday

What should we do?

Thanks in advance
I’m afraid he won’t get FW (unless he is pupil premium?) but Handsworth boys is a definite and he’s in with a chance of Aston and/or Bishop Vesey, probably off th waiting list.

Are any of these feasible for you? They will probably have open mornings (by appointment) next week.
stse88

Post by stse88 »

Fawady wrote:
SVK wrote:Hi um,

CHG offered 231 from waiting list in July.

I also heard that CHB remain at 242 until the end. There was very little or almost no movement since national offer day.
Having spoken to parents last night about lowest mark entering CHB, they confirmed that children with 239 are currently in year 7 (even if it is off the waiting list) !! so hope for everyone :D
Thanks for the info for CHB, as my son has managed 242 which was last year's cut off on our results letter. He has somehow got CHB on his head, so hopefully putting it first choice will give us a chance in the waiting list. But the wait will be the hard part I presume. Will be putting Handsworth or Aston as 2nd choice, which I presume he will get offered a place if he can't make CHB. Or all the people putting handsworth or Aston as first choice gets precedence?