Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Got scores
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

My son has got 231 in Birmingham. Any suggestions, please.
Thanks

Post subject: Reot scores
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:11 pm 

singhden wrote:
Thanks

Congratulations to your DS :) .

Perhaps list your preferred schools on your CAF, in your / his true order of preference?

You need to post in the 'Birmingham etc...' regional section of the forum, though, for more detailed discussion of the merits / logistics re the various schools in your area.

Post subject: Re: Got scores
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:42 pm 

singhden wrote:
Thanks

I believe you live in Solihull from your first post so you may have some good local comprehensive options.In terms of grammars your options are KEFW,KE Aston and Bishops Vesey. You will have to decide on your order of preference and how your son would get to each of the schools should he gain a place.Have you been to see any of them with your son ?

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 pm 

Hi my ds got 216..is it worth putting any grammars as a choice..for some reason on out our letter it showed as handsworth boys as n/a..which is confusing..thanks in advance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:36 pm 

Jacerraces wrote:
Hi my ds got 216..is it worth putting any grammars as a choice..for some reason on out our letter it showed as handsworth boys as n/a..which is confusing..thanks in advance

Are you applying for a pupil premium place ? As Handsworth Boys does not have a separate cut off for pupil premium places which is what the n/a may mean.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm 

No notnpupil premium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:49 pm 

Jacerraces wrote:

Your son has the score for KE Handsworth for boys and may get places at KE Aston and Bishops Vesey possibly from the waiting list.Decide on your schools and put them down in your true order of preference.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:56 pm 

quasimodo wrote:
Jacerraces wrote:

Your son has the score for KE Handsworth for boys and may get places at KE Aston and Bishops Vesey possibly from the waiting list.Decide on your schools and put them down in your true order of preference.

Thank you so much..it is such a confusing system to navigate..I really appreciate your response

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:13 pm 

My son had a score of 221 despite being unwell. Please and hope of getting a place at all at Handsworth Grammar, Aston or Bishop Vessey?
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:21 pm 

lollipop2 wrote:
My son had a score of 221 despite being unwell. Please and hope of getting a place at all at Handsworth Grammar, Aston or Bishop Vessey?
Thanks

Based on previous years all 3 are possible - put in your true order of preference.